A descriptive analysis of the Finnish treasury bond market 1991–1999
This paper presents a descriptive analysis of the primary and secondary market for Finnish treasury bonds. The paper focuses on three issues. First, we report basic descriptive statistics such as auction volumes and secondary market yields and volumes. Second, we estimate the revenues earned by primary dealers from the treasury bond market. Third, we analyse the development of the price of the auctioned bonds, relative to other benchmark bonds, around the time of the auction. We find evidence of a price decrease in the auctioned bond series before the auction and a price increase after the auction. This pattern is strongest for 1992–1994 when Treasury funding needs were heavy and secondary market trading volume of treasury bonds was modest.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kaushik Mitra & Seppo Honkapohja, 2004.
"Performance of Monetary Policy with Internal Central Bank Forecasting,"
Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics
04/18, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Jul 2004.
- Honkapohja, Seppo & Mitra, Kaushik, 2005. "Performance of monetary policy with internal central bank forecasting," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 627-658, April.
- Honkapohja, Seppo & Mitra, Kaushik, 2002. "Performance of monetary policy with internal central bank forecasting," Research Discussion Papers 3/2002, Bank of Finland.
- Honkapohja, Seppo & Mitra, Kaushik, 2002. "Performance of monetary policy with internal central bank forecasting," Working Paper Series 0127, European Central Bank.
- Hasan , Iftekhar & Sarkar, Sudipto, 2002.
"Banks’ option to lend, interest rate sensitivity, and credit availability,"
Research Discussion Papers
15/2002, Bank of Finland.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Sudipto Sarkar, 2002. "Banks' option to lend, interest rate sensitivity, and credit availability," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 213-250, October.
- Ari Hyytinen & Iikka Kuosa & Tuomas Takalo, 2003.
"Law or Finance: Evidence from Finland,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 59-89, July.
- Kanniainen, Vesa & Leppämäki, Mikko, 2002. "Financial institutions and the allocation of talent," Research Discussion Papers 5/2002, Bank of Finland.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Malkamaki, Markku & Schmiedel, Heiko, 2003.
"Technology, automation, and productivity of stock exchanges: International evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1743-1773, September.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Malkamäki, Markku & Schmiedel, Heiko, 2002. "Technology, automation, and productivity of stock exchanges: International evidence," Research Discussion Papers 4/2002, Bank of Finland.
- Junttila, Juha, 2002. "Forecasting the macroeconomy with current financial market information: Europe and the United States," Research Discussion Papers 2/2002, Bank of Finland.
- Bill B. Francis & Iftekhar Hasan & Delroy M. Hunter, 2004.
"Return-volatility linkages in the international equity and currency markets,"
- Francis, Bill B & Hasan, Iftekhar & Hunter , Delroy M., 2002. "Return-volatility linkages in the international equity and currency markets," Research Discussion Papers 9/2002, Bank of Finland.
- Välimäki, Tuomas, 2002. "Bidding in fixed rate tenders: theory and experience with the ECB tenders," Research Discussion Papers 1/2002, Bank of Finland.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0405017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.