Inflation and Capital Structure
This essay is a contribution to the empirical literature on the effect of inflation tax on capital structure. A simple empirical model considering the main results of the current theoretical development is studied, using microdata from a number of American corporations.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kelly, William A, Jr & Miles, James A, 1989. "Capital Structure Theory and the Fisher Effect," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 24(1), pages 53-73, February.
- Miller, Merton H, 1977. "Debt and Taxes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 261-75, May.
- Hodder, James E & Senbet, Lemma W, 1990. " International Capital Structure Equilibrium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(5), pages 1495-1516, December.
- Franks, Julian R & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1991. "The Stochastic Behaviour of Market Variance Implied in the Prices of Index Options," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1460-75, November.
- Dokko, Yoon, 1989. "Are Changes in Inflation Expectations Capitalized into Stock Prices? A Micro-firm Test for the Nominal Contracting Hypothesis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 309-17, May.
- DeAngelo, Harry & Masulis, Ronald W., 1980. "Optimal capital structure under corporate and personal taxation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 3-29, March.
- Kim, Moon K & Wu, Chunchi, 1988. "Effects of Inflation on Capital Structure," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 23(2), pages 183-200, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0111001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.