Forecasting Spot Electricity Prices With Time Series Models
In this paper we study simple time series models and assess their forecasting performance. In particular we calibrate ARMA and ARMAX (where the exogenous variable is the system load) processes. Models are tested on a time series of California power market system prices and loads from the period proceeding and including the market crash.
|Date of creation:||06 Apr 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; pages: 8. To appear in ”The European Electricity Market EEM-05”, Proceedings Volume|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://126.96.36.199|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Huisman, Ronald & Mahieu, Ronald, 2003.
"Regime jumps in electricity prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 425-434, September.
- Huisman, R. & Mahieu, R.J., 2001. "Regime Jumps in Electricity Prices," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2001-48-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Rafal Weron & Michael Bierbrauer & Stefan Trück, 2003.
"Modeling electricity prices: jump diffusion and regime switching,"
HSC Research Reports
HSC/03/01, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Weron, R & Bierbrauer, M & Trück, S, 2004. "Modeling electricity prices: jump diffusion and regime switching," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 336(1), pages 39-48.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Alvaro Escribano & Juan Ignacio Peña & Pablo Villaplana, 2002.
"Modeling Electricity Prices: International Evidence,"
Economics Working Papers
we022708, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Alvaro Escribano & J. Ignacio Peña & Pablo Villaplana, 2011. "Modelling Electricity Prices: International Evidence," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 73(5), pages 622-650, October.
- Rafal Weron & Adam Misiorek, 2005. "Modeling and forecasting electricity loads: A comparison," Econometrics 0502004, EconWPA.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3131736 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Conejo, Antonio J. & Contreras, Javier & Espinola, Rosa & Plazas, Miguel A., 2005. "Forecasting electricity prices for a day-ahead pool-based electric energy market," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 435-462.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpem:0504001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.