Forecasting Spot Electricity Prices With Time Series Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Weron, R & Bierbrauer, M & Trück, S, 2004.
"Modeling electricity prices: jump diffusion and regime switching,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 336(1), pages 39-48.
- Rafal Weron & Michael Bierbrauer & Stefan Trück, 2003. "Modeling electricity prices: jump diffusion and regime switching," HSC Research Reports HSC/03/01, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Rafal Weron & Adam Misiorek, 2005. "Modeling and forecasting electricity loads: A comparison," Econometrics 0502004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Conejo, Antonio J. & Contreras, Javier & Espinola, Rosa & Plazas, Miguel A., 2005. "Forecasting electricity prices for a day-ahead pool-based electric energy market," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 435-462.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Huisman, Ronald & Mahieu, Ronald, 2003.
"Regime jumps in electricity prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 425-434, September.
- Huisman, R. & Mahieu, R.J., 2001. "Regime Jumps in Electricity Prices," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2001-48-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Alvaro Escribano & J. Ignacio Peña & Pablo Villaplana, 2011.
"Modelling Electricity Prices: International Evidence,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 73(5), pages 622-650, October.
- Escribano Sáez, Álvaro & Peña Sánchez de Rivera, Juan Ignacio & Villaplana Conde, Pablo, 2002. "Modeling electricity prices: international evidence," UC3M Working papers. Economics we022708, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brusaferri, Alessandro & Matteucci, Matteo & Portolani, Pietro & Vitali, Andrea, 2019. "Bayesian deep learning based method for probabilistic forecast of day-ahead electricity prices," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 250(C), pages 1158-1175.
- Lars Ivar Hagfors & Hilde HÃ¸rthe Kamperud & Florentina Paraschiv & Marcel Prokopczuk & Alma Sator & Sjur Westgaard, 2016.
"Prediction of extreme price occurrences in the German day-ahead electricity market,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(12), pages 1929-1948, December.
- Hagfors, Lars Ivar & Kamperud , Hilde Horthe & Paraschiv, Florentina & Prokopczuk, Marcel & Sator, Alma & Westgaard, Sjur, 2016. "Prediction of Extreme Price Occurrences in the German Day-ahead Electricity Market," Working Papers on Finance 1622, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Arciniegas, Alvaro I. & Arciniegas Rueda, Ismael E., 2008. "Forecasting short-term power prices in the Ontario Electricity Market (OEM) with a fuzzy logic based inference system," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 39-48, March.
- Christian Huurman & Francesco Ravazzolo & Chen Zhou, 2008. "The power of weather. Some empirical evidence on predicting day-ahead power prices through weather forecasts," Working Paper 2008/08, Norges Bank.
- Weron, Rafal, 2008. "Market price of risk implied by Asian-style electricity options and futures," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 1098-1115, May.
- Rafal Weron & Adam Misiorek, 2006. "Short-term electricity price forecasting with time series models: A review and evaluation," HSC Research Reports HSC/06/01, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Kosater, Peter, 2006. "On the impact of weather on German hourly power prices," Discussion Papers in Econometrics and Statistics 1/06, University of Cologne, Institute of Econometrics and Statistics.
- Karakatsani Nektaria V & Bunn Derek W., 2010. "Fundamental and Behavioural Drivers of Electricity Price Volatility," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(4), pages 1-42, September.
- Misiorek Adam & Trueck Stefan & Weron Rafal, 2006. "Point and Interval Forecasting of Spot Electricity Prices: Linear vs. Non-Linear Time Series Models," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 10(3), pages 1-36, September.
- Weron, Rafał, 2014.
"Electricity price forecasting: A review of the state-of-the-art with a look into the future,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1030-1081.
- Rafal Weron, 2014. "Electricity price forecasting: A review of the state-of-the-art with a look into the future," HSC Research Reports HSC/14/07, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Caner Özdurak & Veysel Ulusoy, 2017. "Impact of Vertical Integration on Electricity Prices in TurkeyImpact of Vertical Integration on Electricity Prices in Turkey," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 7(3), pages 256-267.
- Liu, Heping & Shi, Jing, 2013. "Applying ARMA–GARCH approaches to forecasting short-term electricity prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 152-166.
- Christian Huurman & Francesco Ravazzolo & Chen Zhou, 2007. "The Power of Weather: Some Empirical Evidence on Predicting Day-ahead Power Prices through Day-ahead Weather Forecasts," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-036/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Rafal Weron, 2006. "Modeling and Forecasting Electricity Loads and Prices: A Statistical Approach," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook0601, June.
- Paraschiv, Florentina & Fleten, Stein-Erik & Schürle, Michael, 2015. "A spot-forward model for electricity prices with regime shifts," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 142-153.
- S. Vijayalakshmi & G. P. Girish, 2015. "Artificial Neural Networks for Spot Electricity Price Forecasting: A Review," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(4), pages 1092-1097.
- G P Girish & Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2016. "A comparison of different univariate forecasting models forSpot Electricity Price in India," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(2), pages 1039-1057.
- Lo Prete, Chiara & Norman, Catherine S., 2013. "Rockets and feathers in power futures markets? Evidence from the second phase of the EU ETS," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 312-321.
- Francisco Martínez-Álvarez & Alicia Troncoso & Gualberto Asencio-Cortés & José C. Riquelme, 2015. "A Survey on Data Mining Techniques Applied to Electricity-Related Time Series Forecasting," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-32, November.
- Lago, Jesus & De Ridder, Fjo & De Schutter, Bart, 2018. "Forecasting spot electricity prices: Deep learning approaches and empirical comparison of traditional algorithms," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 221(C), pages 386-405.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity; price forecasting; ARMA model; seasonal component;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpem:0504001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.