Technological Specialization and Convergence of Small Countries: The Case of the Late-industrializing Asian NIEs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Archibugi, Daniele & Pianta, Mario, 1994. "Aggregate Convergence and Sectoral Specialization in Innovation," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 17-33, March.
- James E. Rauch & Diana Weinhold, 1999.
"Openness, Specialization, and Productivity Growth in Less Developed Countries,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1009-1027, August.
- Diana Weinhold & James Rauch, 1997. "Openness, Specialization, and Productivity Growth in Less Developed Countries," NBER Working Papers 6131, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ma, Tingting & Zhang, Yi & Huang, Lu & Shang, Lining & Wang, Kangrui & Yu, Huizhu & Zhu, Donghua, 2017. "Text mining to gain technical intelligence for acquired target selection: A case study for China's computer numerical control machine tools industry," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 162-180.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- By Michael Funke & Ralf Ruhwedel, 2001.
"Product Variety and Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence for the OECD Countries,"
IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 48(2), pages 1-1.
- Mr. Michael Funke, 2000. "Product Variety and Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence for the Oecd Countries," IMF Working Papers 2000/005, International Monetary Fund.
- Ralf Ruhwedel & Michael Funke, 2001. "Product Variety and Economic Growth Empirical Evidence for the OECD Countries," Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers 20104, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- Michael Funke & Ralf Ruhwedel, 2000. "Product Variety and Economic Growth - Empirical Evidence for the OECD Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 250, CESifo.
- Valeria Costantini & Francesco Crespi, 2015.
"European enlargement policy, technological capabilities and sectoral export dynamics,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 25-69, February.
- Valeria Costantini & Francesco Crespi, 2012. "European enlargement policy, technological capabilities and sectoral export dynamics," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0152, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Francisco Alcalá & Antonio Ciccone, 2004.
"Trade and Productivity,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(2), pages 613-646.
- Alcala, Francisco & Ciccone, Antonio, 2001. "Trade and Productivity," CEPR Discussion Papers 3095, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francisco Alcalá & Antonio Ciccone, 2003. "Trade and Productivity," Working Papers 12, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Francisco Alcalá & Antonio Ciccone, 2001. "Trade and productivity," Economics Working Papers 580, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2002.
- An, Galina & Iyigun, Murat F., 2004. "The export skill content, learning by exporting and economic growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 29-34, July.
- Brigitte Unger & Martin Zagler, 2000.
"Organizational versus Technological Determinants of Innovation,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
wuwp074, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Unger, Brigitte & Zagler, Martin, 2000. "Organizational versus technological determinants of innovation," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 74, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Serrano, Guadalupe & Cabrer, Bernardí, 2000. "Technological "Catch-Up" And Trade Flows. A Panel Data Approach," ERSA conference papers ersa00p152, European Regional Science Association.
- Godinho, Manuel Mira & Ferreira, Vítor, 2012. "Analyzing the evidence of an IPR take-off in China and India," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 499-511.
- Anton Gerunov, 2014.
"Openness and Growth : An Empirical Investigation on a Panel of Countries over the Period 1999–2009,"
Yearbook of the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Sofia University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Sofia University St Kliment Ohridski - Bulgaria, vol. 12(1), pages 107-125, March.
- Gerunov, Anton, 2014. "Openness and Growth: An Empirical Investigation on a Panel of Countries over the Period 1999-2009," MPRA Paper 68796, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abo-Zaid Salem M, 2011.
"The Trade-Growth Relationship in Israel Revisited: Evidence from Annual Data, 1960-2004,"
Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 6(3), pages 63-93, February.
- Salem Abo Zaid, 2006. "The Trade–Growth Relationship in Israel Revisited: Evidence from Annual Data, 1960-2004," Bank of Israel Working Papers 2006.11, Bank of Israel.
- Abo-Zaid, Salem, 2010. "The Trade–Growth Relationship in Israel Revisited: Evidence from Annual Data, 1960-2004," MPRA Paper 26344, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cook, Paul & Uchida, Yuichiro, 2008. "Structural change, competition and income distribution," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 274-286, May.
- Simona Iammarino & Grazia D. Santangelo, 2001. "The Evolution of Trade and Technological in the Italian regions," ERSA conference papers ersa01p243, European Regional Science Association.
- Harrison, Ann & Rodríguez-Clare, Andrés, 2010.
"Trade, Foreign Investment, and Industrial Policy for Developing Countries,"
Handbook of Development Economics, in: Dani Rodrik & Mark Rosenzweig (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 0, pages 4039-4214,
- Ann Harrison & Andrés Rodríguez-Clare, 2009. "Trade, Foreign Investment, and Industrial Policy for Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 15261, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wong Hock Tsen, 2006. "Granger causality tests among openness to international trade, human capital accumulation and economic growth in China: 1952-1999," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 285-302.
- Maria Rosaria Della Peruta & Manlio Giudice & Rosa Lombardi & Pedro Soto-Acosta, 2018. "Open Innovation, Product Development, and Inter-Company Relationships Within Regional Knowledge Clusters," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 9(2), pages 680-693, June.
- Fusillo, Fabrizio, 2020. "Are Green Inventions really more complex? Evidence from European Patents," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 202015, University of Turin.
- Franco Malerba & Fabio Montobbio, 2000. "Knowledge Flows, Structure of Innovative Activity and International Specialization," KITeS Working Papers 119, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Nov 2000.
- Rangan Gupta & Lardo Stander & Andrea Vaona, 2017. "Openness and Growth: Is the Relationship Non-Linear?," Working Papers 201703, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Faundez, Sebastian & Mulder, Nanno & Carpentier, Nicole, 2011. "Productivity growth in Latin American manufacturing: what role for international trade intensities?," MPRA Paper 36507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tan Tran, 2020. "R&D and Knowledge Expertise of French Regions," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 2004, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Feb 2020.
- Guadalupe Serrano, 2001. "Economías externas y crecimiento desigual en las regiones españolas. Un modelo dinámico de datos de panel," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 25(2), pages 359-389, May.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnological Specialization; Innovation; Patent Statistics; Newly Industrialized Economies;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-SEA-2005-05-14 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpdc:0505011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: EconWPA (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.