Trade Liberalisation and India’s Manufacturing Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sterner, Thomas, 1990. "Ownership, technology, and efficiency: An empirical study of cooperatives, multinationals, and domestic enterprises in the Mexican cement industry," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 286-300, June.
- Balassa, Bela, 1978. "Exports and economic growth : Further evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 181-189, June.
- Ann E. Harrison & Brian J. Aitken, 1999. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 605-618, June.
- Ehsan U. Choudhri & Dalia S. Hakura, 2000.
"International Trade and Productivity Growth: Exploring the Sectoral Effects for Developing Countries,"
IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 47(1), pages 1-2.
- Ms. Dalia S Hakura & Ehsan U. Choudhri, 2000. "International Trade and Productivity Growth: Exploring the Sectoral Effects for Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 2000/017, International Monetary Fund.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1998.
"Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 383-398, March.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1997. "Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?," NBER Working Papers 5978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1990. "Production frontiers, panel data, and time-varying technical inefficiency," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 201-211.
- Nigel L. Driffield & Uma S. Kambhampati, 2003. "Trade Liberalization and the Efficiency of Firms in Indian Manufacturing," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 419-430, August.
- repec:ind:iegddp:28 is not listed on IDEAS
- George C. Bitros, 2003. "Firm Ownership and Economic Efficiency," Microeconomics 0303002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jagdish N. Bhagwati, 1978. "Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: Anatomy and Consequences of Exchange Control Regimes," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bhag78-1, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Abdullahi Ahmed & Enjiang Cheng & George Messinis, 2011. "The role of exports, FDI and imports in development: evidence from Sub-Saharan African countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(26), pages 3719-3731.
- Harrison, Ann & Rodríguez-Clare, Andrés, 2010.
"Trade, Foreign Investment, and Industrial Policy for Developing Countries,"
Handbook of Development Economics, in: Dani Rodrik & Mark Rosenzweig (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 0, pages 4039-4214,
- Ann Harrison & Andrés Rodríguez-Clare, 2009. "Trade, Foreign Investment, and Industrial Policy for Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 15261, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kohpaiboon, Archanun, 2006. "Foreign direct investment and technology spillover: A cross-industry analysis of Thai manufacturing," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 541-556, March.
- Harrison, Ann E. & Rodriguez-Clare, Andres, 2009. "Trade, Foreign Investment, and Industrial Policy," MPRA Paper 15561, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A. U. Santos-Paulino, 2002.
"Trade Liberalisation and Export Performance in Selected Developing Countries,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 140-164.
- Amelia U. Santos-Paulino, 2000. "Trade Liberalisation and Export Performance in Selected Developing Countries," Studies in Economics 0012, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Paus, Eva A., 2004. "Productivity Growth in Latin America: The Limits of Neoliberal Reforms," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 427-445, March.
- Akmal, Muhammad Shahbaz & Ahmad, Khalil & Ali, Muhammad, 2009.
"Exports-Led Growth Hypothesis in Pakistan: Further Evidence,"
16043, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Pervaz, Azeem & Ahmad, Khalil, 2011. "Exports-led growth hypothesis in Pakistan: further evidence," MPRA Paper 33617, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Sep 2011.
- José Romero, 2015. "Exports, imports, FDI and GDP in Mexico," Serie documentos de trabajo del Centro de Estudios Económicos 2015-01, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos.
- Khalafalla, Khalid Yousif & Webb, Alan J., 2000. "Exports And Economic Growth Under Structural Change: A Co-Integration Analysis Of Evidence From Malaysia," Working Papers 14595, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Hanousek, Jan & Kočenda, Evžen & Mašika, Michal, 2012.
"Firm efficiency: Domestic owners, coalitions, and FDI,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 471-486.
- Evzen Kocenda & Jan Hanousek & Michal Masika, 2011. "Financial Efficiency and the Ownership of Czech Firms," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1016, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda & Michal Masika, 2012. "Firm Efficiency: Domestic Owners, Coalitions, and FDI," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp456, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Jan Hanousek & Evžen Kočenda & Michal Mašika, 2011. "Financial Efficiency and the Ownership of Czech Firms," Working Papers 300, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Douglas A. Irwin, 2019.
"Does Trade Reform Promote Economic Growth? A Review of Recent Evidence,"
Working Paper Series
WP19-9, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Douglas A. Irwin, 2019. "Does Trade Reform Promote Economic Growth? A Review of Recent Evidence," NBER Working Papers 25927, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arshia Amiri & Ulf-G Gerdtham, 2012.
"Granger Causality Between Exports, Imports and GDP in France: Evidance from Using Geostatistical Models,"
Economic Research Guardian, Weissberg Publishing, vol. 2(1), pages 43-59, May.
- Amiri, Arshia & Gerdtham, Ulf-G, 2011. "Relationship between exports, imports, and economic growth in France: evidence from cointegration analysis and Granger causality with using geostatistical models," MPRA Paper 34190, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kunst, Robert M & Marin, Dalia, 1989. "On Exports and Productivity: A Causal Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(4), pages 699-703, November.
- EchavarrÃa Juan JosÃ© & María Angélica Arbeláez & María Fernanda Rosales, 2006.
"La productividad y sus determinantes:el caso de la industria colombiana,"
Revista Desarrollo y Sociedad, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE, June.
- Juan José Echavarría & María Angélica Arbeláez & María Fernanda Rosales, 2006. "La Productividad y sus Determinantes: El Caso de la Industria Colombiana," Borradores de Economia 374, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Juan José Echavarría & María Angélica Arbeláez & María Fernanda Rosales, 2006. "La Productividad y sus Determinantes: El Caso de la Industria Colombiana," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003063, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Camilla Mastromarco & Laura Serlenga & Yongcheol Shin, 2012.
"Is Globalization Driving Efficiency? A Threshold Stochastic Frontier Panel Data Modeling Approach,"
Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 563-579, August.
- Camilla Mastromarco & Laura Serlenga & Yongcheol Shin, 2011. "TIs Globalization Driving Efficiency? A Threshold Stochastic Frontier Panel Data Modelling Approach," SERIES 0040, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Oct 2011.
- Eriṣ, Mehmet N. & Ulaṣan, Bülent, 2013. "Trade openness and economic growth: Bayesian model averaging estimate of cross-country growth regressions," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 867-883.
- Timo Mitze & Selin Özyurt, 2014.
"The Spatial Dimension of Trade- and FDI-driven Productivity Growth in Chinese Provinces: A Global Cointegration Approach,"
Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 263-291, June.
- Özyurt, Selin & Mitze, Timo, 2012. "The Spatial Dimension of Trade- and FDI-driven Productivity Growth in Chinese Provinces – A Global Cointegration Approach," Ruhr Economic Papers 308, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Timo Mitze & Selin Ã–zyurt, 2012. "The spatial dimension of trade- and FDI-driven productivity growth in Chinese provinces: A global cointegration approach," ERSA conference papers ersa12p512, European Regional Science Association.
- Romano, Donato, 1996. "ENDOGENOUS RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY: A EUROPEAN (NON ORTHODOX) PERSPECTIVE; Proceedings of the Fifth Joint Conference on Agriculture, Food, and the Environment, June 17-18, 1996, Padova, I," Working Papers 14396, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Stefanescu, Razvan & Dumitriu, Ramona, 2014. "Investigation on the relationship between Romanian foreign trade and industrial production," MPRA Paper 62547, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arvind Panagariya & Maurice Schiff, 1991. "Política Comercial, Exportaciones de Productos Básicos y Bienestar: Teoría y Aplicación al Cacao," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 28(84), pages 249-270.
More about this item
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpdc:0505010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: EconWPA (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.