The Design of Optimal Insurance Decisions in the Presence of Catastrophic Risks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ermoliev, Yuri M. & Norkin, Vladimir I., 1997. "On nonsmooth and discontinuous problems of stochastic systems optimization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 230-244, September.
- Philip J. Cook & Daniel A. Graham, 1977. "The Demand for Insurance and Protection: The Case of Irreplaceable Commodities," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(1), pages 143-156.
- Tucker, Michael, 1997. "Climate change and the insurance industry: the cost of increased risk and the impetus for action," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 85-96, August.
- Mayers, David & Smith, Clifford W, Jr, 1983. "The Interdependence of Individual Portfolio Decisions and the Demand for Insurance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 304-311, April.
- Y.M. Ermoliev & V.I. Norkin, 1997. "Stochastic Generalized Gradient Method with Application to Insurance Risk Management," Working Papers ir97021, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- T.Y. Ermolieva & Y.M. Ermoliev & V.I. Norkin, 1997. "Spatial Stochastic Model for Optimization Capacity of Insurance Networks Under Dependent Catastrophic Risks: Numerical Experiments," Working Papers ir97028, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Y.M. Ermoliev & T.Y. Ermolieva & G.J. MacDonald & V.I. Norkin, 1998. "On the Design of Catastrophic Risk Portfolios," Working Papers ir98056, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Ermoliev, Y. & Ermolieva, T. & Fischer, G. & Makowski, M. & Nilsson, S. & Obersteiner, M., 2008. "Discounting, catastrophic risks management and vulnerability modeling," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(4), pages 917-924.
- Ermoliev, Yuri M. & Ermolieva, Tatiana Y. & MacDonald, Gordon J. & Norkin, Vladimir I. & Amendola, Aniello, 2000. "A system approach to management of catastrophic risks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 452-460, April.
- Y.M. Ermoliev & V.I. Norkin, 1998. "Monte Carlo Optimization and Path Dependent Nonstationary Laws of Large Numbers," Working Papers ir98009, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- L.A. Korf, 1998. "Insurer's Portfolios of Risks: Approximating Infinite Horizon Stochastic Dynamic Optimization Problems," Working Papers ir98061, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- B.V. Digas & Y.M. Ermoliev & A.V. Kryazhimskii, 1998. "Guaranteed Optimization in Insurance of Catastrophic Risks," Working Papers ir98082, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- H. Albrecher, 1998. "Dependent Risks and Ruin Probabilities in Insurance," Working Papers ir98072, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:iasawp:ir97068. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iiasaat.html .