The Interdependence of Individual Portfolio Decisions and the Demand for Insurance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Darius Lakdawalla & George Zanjani, 2012.
"Catastrophe Bonds, Reinsurance, and the Optimal Collateralization of Risk Transfer,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 79(2), pages 449-476, June.
- Darius Lakdawalla & George Zanjani, 2006. "Catastrophe Bonds, Reinsurance, and the Optimal Collateralization of Risk-Transfer," NBER Working Papers 12742, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cohen Alma, 2006. "The Disadvantages of Aggregate Deductibles," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-28, April.
- R.A. Somerville, 2004. "Insurance, Consumption, and Saving: A Dynamic Analysis in Continuous Time," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(4), pages 1130-1140, September.
- Froot, Kenneth A., 2001.
"The market for catastrophe risk: a clinical examination,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(2-3), pages 529-571, May.
- Kenneth A. Froot, 1999. "The Market for Catastrophe Risk: A Clinical Examination," NBER Working Papers 7286, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth A. Froot, 2001. "The Market for Catastrophe Risk: A Clinical Examination," NBER Working Papers 8110, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bohnert, Alexander & Born, Patricia & Gatzert, Nadine, 2014. "Dynamic hybrid products in life insurance: Assessing the policyholders’ viewpoint," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 87-99.
- repec:wfo:wstudy:60603 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marc Chesney & Henri Loubergé, 1986. "Risk Aversion and the Composition of Wealth in the Demand for Full Insurance Coverage," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 122(III), pages 359-370, September.
- Di Matteo, Livio & Herbert Emery, J. C., 2002. "Wealth and the demand for life insurance: evidence from Ontario, 1892," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 446-469, October.
- Ramaswami, Bharat & Roe, Terry L., 1989. "Incompleteness in Insurance: An Analysis of the Multiplicative Case," Bulletins 7492, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Dionne, Georges & Harrington, Scott, 2017. "Insurance and Insurance Markets," Working Papers 17-2, HEC Montreal, Canada Research Chair in Risk Management.
- Dana A. Kerr & Yu-Luen Ma & Joan T. Schmit, 2009. "A Cross-National Study of Government Social Insurance as an Alternative to Tort Liability Compensation," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(2), pages 367-384.
- Patrick L. Brockett & Linda L. Golden & Montserrat Guillen & Jens Perch Nielsen & Jan Parner & Ana Maria Perez-Marin, 2008. "Survival Analysis of a Household Portfolio of Insurance Policies: How Much Time Do You Have to Stop Total Customer Defection?," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 75(3), pages 713-737.
- Ortega, Eva-María & Escudero, Laureano F., 2010. "On expected utility for financial insurance portfolios with stochastic dependencies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(1), pages 181-186, January.
- T.Y. Ermolieva, 1997. "The Design of Optimal Insurance Decisions in the Presence of Catastrophic Risks," Working Papers ir97068, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Rod Garratt & John M. Marshall, 2003.
"Equity Risk, Conversion Risk, and the Demand for Insurance,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(3), pages 439-460.
- Garratt, Rod & Marshall, John M., 1999. "Equity Risk, Conversion Risk, and the Demand for Insurance," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt87n8b5c5, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris, 2003. "Preserving preference rankings under background risk," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 337-341, September.
- Koeniger, Winfried, 2001. "Labor and Financial Market Interactions: The Case of Labor Income Risk and Car Insurance in the UK 1969-95," IZA Discussion Papers 240, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Shi, Xiaojun & Wang, Hung-Jen & Xing, Chunbing, 2015. "The role of life insurance in an emerging economy: Human capital protection, assets allocation and social interaction," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 19-33.
- Lin, Wen-chang & Lu, Jin-ray, 2012. "Risky asset allocation and consumption rule in the presence of background risk and insurance markets," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 150-158.
- Montserrat Guillén & Ana María Pérez-Marín & Montserrat Guillén, 2011. "A logistic regression approach to estimating customer profit loss due to lapses in insurance," Working Papers XREAP2011-13, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Oct 2011.
- Luigi Guiso & Tullio Jappelli, 1998.
"Background Uncertainty and the Demand for Insurance Against Insurable Risks,"
The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 23(1), pages 7-27, June.
- Guiso, Luigi & Jappelli, Tullio, 1996. "Background Uncertainty and the Demand for Insurance Against Insurable Risks," CEPR Discussion Papers 1423, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guiso, L. & Jappelli, T., 1996. "Background UNcertainty and the Demand for Insurance Against Insurable Risks," Papers 284, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Luigi Guiso & Tullio Jappelli, 1998. "Background Uuncertainty and the Demand for Insurance against Insurable Risks," CSEF Working Papers 02, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- José Penalva, 2003. "Implications of dynamic trading for insurance markets," Economics Working Papers 720, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Wagener, Andreas, 2003. "Comparative statics under uncertainty: The case of mean-variance preferences," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 151(1), pages 224-232, November.
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Neil Doherty, 1995. "Espérance d'utilité et théorie duale de Yaari : implication pour la demande d'assurance," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 46(3), pages 933-938.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:60:y:2009:i:11:d:10.1057_jors.2009.32 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:91:y:1983:i:2:p:304-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.