Agri-food clusters: Does French policy match with real spatial dynamics?
In this paper, we attempt to ascertain to what extent the clusters identified in the agricultural and agri-food space rely on a spatial dynamic involving real agricultural and agri-food activities in the relevant geographic area. We use explanatory spatial data analysis (ESDA) to detect the spatial structure and dynamics of agri-food activities and to connect them to the competitiveness clustersâ€™ locations. Results show that the six clusters specifically studied have different profiles because of their proximity to dynamic areas of agricultural and agri-food production and because of their collaborations with other clusters. Keywords: French Competitiveness Clusters, spatial analysis, inter cluster collaboration.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria|
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arfa, Nejla Ben & Rodriguez, Carmen & Daniel, Karine, 2009.
"Dynamiques spatiales de la production agricole en France,"
Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine,
Editions NecPlus, vol. 2009(04), pages 807-834, December.
- Nejla Ben Arfa & Carmen RODRIGUEZ & Karine Daniel, 2009. "Dynamiques spatiales de la production agricole en France," Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Armand Colin, vol. 0(4), pages 807-834.
- Shinichi Furuzawa & Lily Kiminami, 2011. "Theoretical and policy examinations concerning industrial clusters in Japan," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1850, European Regional Science Association.
- Andre Torre & Alain Rallet, 2005. "Proximity and Localization," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 47-59.
- Caroline Hussler & Paul Muller & Patrick Ronde, 2013. "Les pôles de compétitivité: morphologies et performances," Post-Print halshs-00964119, HAL.
- André Torre & Delphine Gallaud, 2004. "Geographical proximity and circulation of knowledge through inter-firm cooperation," ERSA conference papers ersa04p35, European Regional Science Association.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa11p1848. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.