Agri-food clusters: Does French policy match with real spatial dynamics?
In this paper, we attempt to ascertain to what extent the clusters identified in the agricultural and agri-food space rely on a spatial dynamic involving real agricultural and agri-food activities in the relevant geographic area. We use explanatory spatial data analysis (ESDA) to detect the spatial structure and dynamics of agri-food activities and to connect them to the competitiveness clustersâ€™ locations. Results show that the six clusters specifically studied have different profiles because of their proximity to dynamic areas of agricultural and agri-food production and because of their collaborations with other clusters. Keywords: French Competitiveness Clusters, spatial analysis, inter cluster collaboration.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nejla Ben Arfa & Carmen Rodriguez & Karine Daniel, 2009.
"Dynamiques spatiales de la production agricole en France,"
Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine,
Armand Colin, vol. 0(4), pages 807-834.
- Arfa, Nejla Ben & Rodriguez, Carmen & Daniel, Karine, 2009. "Dynamiques spatiales de la production agricole en France," Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Editions NecPlus, vol. 2009(04), pages 807-834, December.
- André Torre & Delphine Gallaud, 2004. "Geographical proximity and circulation of knowledge through inter-firm cooperation," ERSA conference papers ersa04p35, European Regional Science Association.
- Andre Torre & Alain Rallet, 2005. "Proximity and Localization," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 47-59.
- Caroline Hussler & Paul Muller & Patrick Ronde, 2013. "Les pôles de compétitivité: morphologies et performances," Post-Print halshs-00964119, HAL.
- Shinichi Furuzawa & Lily Kiminami, 2011. "Theoretical and policy examinations concerning industrial clusters in Japan," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1850, European Regional Science Association. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa11p1848. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.