Modelling the Intra-Metropolitan Location of Foreign Investment Firms in Istanbul
In the context of economic globalization, there has been considerable academic interest on the understanding of location behavior of FDI firms. Generally while studies on FDI firm location focus mainly at the national and regional levels, those of the intra-urban level are limited, especially for developing countries. This article investigates how FDI firms are distributed at the intra-urban level and how intra-urban FDI firms location can explain using Istanbul as a case study. The study is based on a sample of 100 companies that were surveyed in in Istanbul in 2003. Locational determinants of foreign investment firms in Istanbul have been analyzed by using factor analyzing and logit regression model. Keywords: Foreign direct investment, Istanbul, determinants, zones
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Head, Keith & Ries, John & Swenson, Deborah, 1995.
"Agglomeration benefits and location choice: Evidence from Japanese manufacturing investments in the United States,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 223-247, May.
- Keith Head & John Ries & Deborah Swenson, 1994. "Agglomeration Benefits and Location Choice: Evidence from Japanese Manufacturing Investment in the United States," NBER Working Papers 4767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sergio Mariotti & Lucia Piscitello, 1995. "Information Costs and Location of FDIs within the Host Country: Empirical Evidence from Italy," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(4), pages 815-841, December.
- Chakrabarti, Avik, 2003. "A theory of the spatial distribution of foreign direct investment," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 149-169.
- Joel Deichmann & Socrates Karidis & Selin Sayek, 2003. "Foreign direct investment in Turkey: regional determinants," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(16), pages 1767-1778.
- Guimaraes, Paulo & Figueiredo, Octavio & Woodward, Douglas, 2000. "Agglomeration and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment in Portugal," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 115-135, January.
- John H Dunning, 1988. "The Eclectic Paradigm of International Production: A Restatement and Some Possible Extensions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 1999. "The Location and Characteristics of U.S. Affiliates in Asia," NBER Working Papers 6876, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chien-Hsun Chen, 1996. "Regional determinants of foreign direct investment in mainland China," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(2), pages 18-30, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa06p576. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.