The inert firm; why old firms show a stickiness to their location
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ron A. Boschma & Jan G. Lambooy, 1999.
"Evolutionary economics and economic geography,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, pages 411-429.
- Riechmann, Thomas, 1997. "Learning and Behavoiral Stability - An Economic Interpretation of Genetic Algorithms," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-209, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Fariborz Damanpour, 2001. "The Dynamics of the Adoption of Product and Process Innovations in Organizations," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(1), pages 45-65, January.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1982. "Technological paradigms and technological trajectories : A suggested interpretation of the determinants and directions of technical change," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 147-162.
- Geroski, P A, 2001.
"Exploring the Niche Overlaps between Organizational Ecology and Industrial Economics,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 507-540, June.
- Geroski, Paul A, 2000. "Exploring the Niche Overlaps Between Organizational Ecology and Industrial Economics," CEPR Discussion Papers 2649, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Foray, Dominique, 1997. "The dynamic implications of increasing returns: Technological change and path dependent inefficiency," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 733-752, October.
- Aleid E. Brouwer, 2003. "An empirical study on the relationship between the spatial environment and the survival of old firms in the Netherlands," ERSA conference papers ersa03p108, European Regional Science Association.
- Dosi, Giovanni, et al, 1997. "Industrial Structures and Dynamics: Evidence, Interpretations and Puzzles," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 3-24.
- Aleid E. Brouwer & Ilaria Mariotti & Jos N. van Ommeren, 2004.
"The firm relocation decision: An empirical investigation,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, pages 335-347.
- Brouwer, A.E. & Mariotti, I. & Ommeren, J.N. van, 2003. "The firm relocation decision: an empirical investigation," Serie Research Memoranda 0023, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1993. "Technological paradigms and technological trajectories : A suggested interpretation of the determinants and directions of technical change," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 102-103.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1990. "Finance, innovation and industrial change," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 299-319, June.
- Olav Sorenson, 2003. "Interdependence and Adaptability: Organizational Learning and the Long--Term Effect of Integration," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 446-463.
- Piet H. Pellenbarg & Paul J. M. van Steen, 2003. "The Netherlands in Maps," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, pages 420-420.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan Ženka & Vladislav Čadil, 2009. "Regional distribution of technology-intensive manufacturing industries in the czech republic with an accent on risk of delocalisation," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, pages 61-77.
- Brixy Udo, 2011. "Bedeutung und Beweggründe der Binnenverlagerungen von Betrieben in Deutschland," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsgeographie, De Gruyter, vol. 55(1-2), pages 141-157, October.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2005-11-09 (Business Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2005-11-09 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-TID-2005-11-09 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
- NEP-URE-2005-11-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa04p165. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .