Capitalising the Value of Free Schools: The Impact of Supply Constraints and Uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sandra E. Black, 1999.
"Do Better Schools Matter? Parental Valuation of Elementary Education,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 577-599.
- Sandra E. Black, 1997. "Do better schools matter? Parental valuation of elementary education," Research Paper 9729, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Haurin, Donald R. & Brasington, David, 1996. "School Quality and Real House Prices: Inter- and Intrametropolitan Effects," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 351-368, December.
- Steve Gibbons & Stephen Machin, 2001. "Valuing Primary Schools," CEE Discussion Papers 0015, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Zenou, Yves, 1999.
"Why is central Paris rich and downtown Detroit poor?: An amenity-based theory,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 91-107, January.
- Brueckner, J.K. & Thisse, J.-F. & Zenou, Y., 1996. "Why is central Paris rich and downtown Detroit poor ? An amenity-based theory," CORE Discussion Papers 1996065, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BRUECKNER, Jan K. & THISSE, Jacques-François & ZENOU, Yves, 1999. "Why is central Paris rich and downtown Detroit poor? An amenity-based theory," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1370, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cheshire, Paul & Sheppard, Stephen, 1998. "Estimating the Demand for Housing, Land, and Neighbourhood Characteristics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 60(3), pages 357-382, August.
- Christian A. L. Hilber & Christopher J. Mayer, "undated". "Land Supply, House Price Capitalization, and Local Spending on Schools," Zell/Lurie Center Working Papers 392, Wharton School Samuel Zell and Robert Lurie Real Estate Center, University of Pennsylvania.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Cheshire, Paul & Sheppard, Stephen, 1995. "On the Price of Land and the Value of Amenities," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(246), pages 247-267, May.
- Brasington, David M., 2002. "Edge versus center: finding common ground in the capitalization debate," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 524-541, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephen Gibbons & Stephen Machin & Olmo Silva, 2008.
"Choice, Competition, and Pupil Achievement,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 6(4), pages 912-947, June.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Machin, Stephen & Silva, Olmo, 2006. "Choice, Competition and Pupil Achievement," IZA Discussion Papers 2214, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gibbons, Stephen & Machin, Stephen & Silva, Olmo, 2008. "Choice, competition and pupil achievement," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20472, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bhattacharjee, Arnab & Jensen-Butler, Chris, 2013.
"Estimation of the spatial weights matrix under structural constraints,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 617-634.
- Bhattacharjee, Arnab & Jensen-Butler, Chris, 2011. "Estimation of the Spatial Weights Matrix under Structural Constraints," SIRE Discussion Papers 2011-48, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Arnab Bhattacharjee & Chris Jensen-Butler, 2011. "Estimation of the Spatial Weights Matrix under Structural Constraints," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 254, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Oliver Himmler, 2009. "The Effects of School Competition on Academic Achievement and Grading Standards," CESifo Working Paper Series 2676, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- R5 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-02-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2004-02-29 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2004-02-29 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa03p8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .