Determinants Of Barries To Quality Of Direct Foreign Investments – Evidences From South & East Asian Economies
The objective of this paper is to examine whether FDI inflows in South & East Asian economies posses any barriers which are deterring to attract FDI of their actual potential? If so, what are those various set of barriers? These questions are addressed in this study using cross section time series data for 17 South and East Asian economies from 1996 to 2005.
|Date of creation:||01 Feb 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 734 763-5020
Fax: 734 763-5850
Web page: http://www.wdi.umich.edu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yuko Kinoshita & Nauro F. Campos, 2003.
"Why Does Fdi Go Where it Goes? New Evidence From the Transition Economies,"
IMF Working Papers
03/228, International Monetary Fund.
- Yuko Kinoshita & Nauro F. Campos, 2003. "Why Does Fdi Go Where It Goes? New Evidence From The Transition Economies," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-573, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Campos, Nauro F & Kinoshita, Yuko, 2003. "Why Does FDI Go Where it Goes? New Evidence from the Transitional Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 3984, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 2003.
"Human Capital and Inward FDI,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3762, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pietro Garibaldi & Nada Mora & Ratna Sahay & Jeromin Zettelmeyer, 2001.
"What Moves Capital to Transition Economies?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 48(4), pages 6.
- n/a, 2002. "The Role of Efficiency as an Explanation of International Income Differences," NIESR Discussion Papers 137, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Oliva, Maria-Angels & Rivera-Batiz, Luis A, 2002. "Political Institutions, Capital Flows, and Developing Country Growth: An Empirical Investigation," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 248-62, June.
- Bruce A. Blonigen, 2005. "The Effects of," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 19(3), pages 407-424.
- Aristidis Bitzenis, 2004. "Why foreign banks are entering transition economies: the case of Bulgaria," Global Business and Economics Review, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 107-133.
- Manishi Prasad & Peter Wahlqvist & Rich Shikiar & Ya-Chen Tina Shih, 2004. "A," PharmacoEconomics, Springer Healthcare | Adis, vol. 22(4), pages 225-244.
- Melanie Lansbury & Nigel Pain & Katerina Smidkova, 2004.
"Foreign Direct Investment in Central Europe Since 1990: An Econometric Study,"
- Melanie Lansbury & Nigel Pain & Katerina Smidkova, 1996. "Foreign Direct Investment in Central Europe Since 1990: An Econometric Study," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 156(1), pages 104-114, May.
- Hubert Janicki & Phanindra Wunnava, 2004. "Determinants of foreign direct investment: empirical evidence from EU accession candidates," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 505-509.
- Egger, Peter & Winner, Hannes, 2005. "Evidence on corruption as an incentive for foreign direct investment," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 932-952, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wdi:papers:2008-910. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laurie Gendron)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.