Oil price volatility, economic growth and the hedging role of renewable energy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hamilton, James D., 1996. "This is what happened to the oil price-macroeconomy relationship," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 215-220, October.
- Cunado, J. & Perez de Gracia, F., 2005.
"Oil prices, economic activity and inflation: evidence for some Asian countries,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 65-83, February.
- Juncal Cunado & Fernando PÃ©rez de Gracia, 2004. "Oil Prices, Economic Activity and Inflation: Evidence for Some Asian Countries," Faculty Working Papers 06/04, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Mark Watson, 1997.
"Systematic Monetary Policy and the Effects of Oil Price Shocks,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(1), pages 91-157.
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Gertler, Mark & Waston, Mark, 1997. "Systematic Monetary Policy and the Effects of Oil Price Shocks," Working Papers 97-25, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Awerbuch, Shimon & Sauter, Raphael, 2006.
"Exploiting the oil-GDP effect to support renewables deployment,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2805-2819, November.
- Shimon Awerbuch & Raphael Sauter, 2005. "Exploiting the Oil-GDP Effect to Support Renewables Deployment," SPRU Working Paper Series 129, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Knut Anton Mork & Oystein Olsen & Hans Terje Mysen, 1994. "Macroeconomic Responses to Oil Price Increases and Decreases in Seven OECD Countries," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 19-36.
- Hamilton, James D., 2003. "What is an oil shock?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 363-398, April.
- Papapetrou, Evangelia, 2001. "Oil price shocks, stock market, economic activity and employment in Greece," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 511-532, September.
- Kiseok Lee & Shawn Ni & Ronald A. Ratti, 1995. "Oil Shocks and the Macroeconomy: The Role of Price Variability," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 39-56.
- Hamilton, James D & Herrera, Ana Maria, 2004. "Oil Shocks and Aggregate Macroeconomic Behavior: The Role of Monetary Policy: Comment," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(2), pages 265-286, April.
- Lardic, Sandrine & Mignon, Valerie, 2006. "The impact of oil prices on GDP in European countries: An empirical investigation based on asymmetric cointegration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3910-3915, December.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 2003.
"Modeling and Forecasting Realized Volatility,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(2), pages 579-625, March.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 2001. "Modeling and Forecasting Realized Volatility," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-01, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Anderson, Torben G. & Bollerslev, Tim & Diebold, Francis X. & Labys, Paul, 2002. "Modeling and Forecasting Realized Volatility," Working Papers 02-12, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 2001. "Modeling and Forecasting Realized Volatility," NBER Working Papers 8160, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hooker, Mark A., 1996. "What happened to the oil price-macroeconomy relationship?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 195-213, October.
- Ioannis N. Kessides, 2010. "Nuclear Power and Sustainable Energy Policy: Promises and Perils," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 25(2), pages 323-362, August.
- Abeysinghe, Tilak, 2001. "Estimation of direct and indirect impact of oil price on growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 147-153, November.
- Javier F. Mory, 1993. "Oil Prices and Economic Activity: Is the Relationship Symmetric?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 151-162.
- Filis, George & Degiannakis, Stavros & Floros, Christos, 2011. "Dynamic correlation between stock market and oil prices: The case of oil-importing and oil-exporting countries," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 152-164, June.
- Lee, Byung Rhae & Lee, Kiseok & Ratti, Ronald A., 2001. "Monetary policy, oil price shocks, and the Japanese economy," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 321-349, August.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Nour Meddahi, 2004. "Analytical Evaluation Of Volatility Forecasts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1079-1110, November.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Hamilton, James D, 1983. "Oil and the Macroeconomy since World War II," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 228-248, April.
- Rafiq, Shuddhasawtta & Salim, Ruhul & Bloch, Harry, 2009. "Impact of crude oil price volatility on economic activities: An empirical investigation in the Thai economy," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 121-132, September.
- Rebeca Jimenez-Rodriguez & Marcelo Sanchez, 2005.
"Oil price shocks and real GDP growth: empirical evidence for some OECD countries,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 201-228.
- Jiménez-Rodríguez, Rebeca & Sánchez, Marcelo, 2004. "Oil price shocks and real GDP growth: empirical evidence for some OECD countries," Working Paper Series 362, European Central Bank.
- Hui Guo & Kevin L. Kliesen, 2005. "Oil price volatility and U.S. macroeconomic activity," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 669-684.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Malik, Ihtisham Abdul & Siyal, Ghamz-e-Ali & Bin Abdullah, Alias & Alam, Arif & Zaman, Khalid & Kyophilavong, Phouphet & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Baloch, Siraj Ullah & Shams, Tauqeer, 2014. "Turn on the lights: Macroeconomic factors affecting renewable energy in Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 277-284.
- Malik, Ihtisham Abdul & Siyal, Ghamz-e-Ali & Abdullah, Alias Bin & Alam, Arif & Zaman, Khalid & Kyophilavong, Phouphet & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Baloch, Siraj Ullah & Shams, Tauqeer, 2014. "Turn on the Lights: Macroeconomic Factors Affecting Renewable in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 56828, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Jun 2014.
- van de Ven, Dirk Jan & Fouquet, Roger, 2017.
"Historical energy price shocks and their changing effects on the economy,"
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 204-216.
- Dirk-Jan van de Ven & Roger Fouquet, 2014. "Historical energy price shocks and their changing effects on the economy," GRI Working Papers 153, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- repec:eee:appene:v:215:y:2018:i:c:p:87-97 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huenteler, Joern, 2014. "International support for feed-in tariffs in developing countries—A review and analysis of proposed mechanisms," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 857-873.
- Tobi Olasojiand & Elijah Acquah-Andoh, 2016. "Evaluating The Short Run Effects Of U.S. Crude Oil Inventory Levels On Wti Crude Oil Price From 1993 - 2013," Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, Eurasian Publications, vol. 4(3), pages 64-84.
- Mamothoana Difeto & Reneé van Eyden & Rangan Gupta & Mark E. Wohar, 2018. "Oil Price Volatility and Economic Growth: Evidence from Advanced OECD Countries using over One Century of Data," Working Papers 201813, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy Production and Transportation; Climate Change Economics; Markets and Market Access; Energy Demand; Emerging Markets;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2013-09-26 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2013-09-26 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2013-09-26 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6603. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .