Relative deprivation and migration : theory, evidence, and policy implications
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J. Edward, 1990. "Relative Deprivation And Migration: Theory, Evidence, And Policy Implications," Working Papers 225851, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stark, Oded & Lucas, Robert E B, 1988. "Migration, Remittances, and the Family," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(3), pages 465-481, April.
- Lucas, Robert E B & Stark, Oded, 1985. "Motivations to Remit: Evidence from Botswana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 901-918, October.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Stark, Oded, 1989.
"Consumption Smoothing, Migration, and Marriage: Evidence from Rural India,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 905-926, August.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Stark, Oded, 1987. "Consumption Smoothing, Migration and Marriage: Evidence from Rural India," Bulletins 7515, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Greene, William H, 1981. "Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error: Comment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 795-798, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Horst Siebert, 1993.
"Internationale Wanderungsbewegungen - Erklärungsansätze und Gestaltungsfragen,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 129(III), pages 229-255, September.
- Siebert, Horst, 1993. "Internationale Wanderungsbewegungen: Erklärungsansätze und Gestaltungsfragen," Kiel Working Papers 571, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & Davis, Benjamin & Seidel, Kevin & Winters, Paul, 1997. "Determinants of Mexico-U.S. migration: the role of household assets and environmental factors," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt0xk432kz, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward, 1991.
"Migration Incentives, Migration Types: The Role of Relative Deprivation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(408), pages 1163-1178, September.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J. Edward, 1990. "Migration Incentives, Migration Types: The Role Of Relative Deprivation," Working Papers 225854, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsDrylands&Desertification; Inequality; Anthropology; Banks&Banking Reform; Environmental Economics&Policies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:656. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .