Using performance incentives to improve health outcomes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nazmul Chaudhury & Jeffrey Hammer & Michael Kremer & Karthik Muralidharan & F. Halsey Rogers, 2006. "Missing in Action: Teacher and Health Worker Absence in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 91-116, Winter.
- Reinikka, Ritva & Svensson, Jakob, 2004. "Working for God?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4214, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Das, Jishnu & Hammer, Jeffrey, 2007.
"Money for nothing: The dire straits of medical practice in Delhi, India,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 1-36, May.
- Das, Jishnu & Hammer, Jeffrey, 2005. "Money for nothing : the dire straits of medical practice in Delhi, India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3669, The World Bank.
- Karthik Muralidharan & Venkatesh Sundararaman, 2011.
"Teacher Performance Pay: Experimental Evidence from India,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(1), pages 39-77.
- Karthik Muralidharan & Venkatesh Sundararaman, 2009. "Teacher Performance Pay: Experimental Evidence from India," NBER Working Papers 15323, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jishnu Das & Jeffrey Hammer & Kenneth Leonard, 2008.
"The Quality of Medical Advice in Low-Income Countries,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 93-114, Spring.
- Das, Jishnu & Hammer, Jeffrey & Leonard, Kenneth, 2008. "The quality of medical advice in low-income countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4501, The World Bank.
- Das, Jishnu & Hammer, Jeffrey, 2005. "Which doctor? Combining vignettes and item response to measure clinical competence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 348-383, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bonfrer, Igna & Van de Poel, Ellen & Van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2014. "The effects of performance incentives on the utilization and quality of maternal and child care in Burundi," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 96-104.
- Sylvia, Sean & Luo, Renfu & Zhang, Linxiu & Shi, Yaojiang & Medina, Alexis & Rozelle, Scott, 2013. "Do you get what you pay for with school-based health programs? Evidence from a child nutrition experiment in rural China," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 1-12.
- Singh, Prakarsh & Mitra, Sandip, 2016. "Performance Pay and Malnutrition," IZA Discussion Papers 10084, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Carmen Carpio & Natalia Santiago Bench, 2015. "The Health Workforce in Latin America and the Caribbean," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 22027, March.
- Prakarsh Singh & Sandip Mitra, 2015. "Performance Pay and Malnutrition: Evidence from an Experiment targeting Child Malnutrition in West Bengal," NCID Working Papers 05/2015, Navarra Center for International Development, University of Navarra.
- Renfu Luo & Grant Miller & Scott Rozelle & Sean Sylvia & Marcos Vera-Hernández, 2015. "Can Bureaucrats Really Be Paid Like CEOs? School Administrator Incentives for Anemia Reduction in Rural China," NBER Working Papers 21302, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dizon-Ross, Rebecca & Dupas, Pascaline & Robinson, Jonathan, 2015.
"Governance and the Effectiveness of Public Health Subsidies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10690, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rebecca Dizon-Ross & Pascaline Dupas & Jonathan Robinson, 2015. "Governance and the Effectiveness of Public Health Subsidies," NBER Working Papers 21324, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Monitoring&Evaluation; Population Policies; Health Systems Development&Reform; Disease Control&Prevention; Adolescent Health;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-07-01 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2012-07-01 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2012-07-01 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HEA-2012-07-01 (Health Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2012-07-01 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .