The impact of climate change on global tropical storm damages
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tol, Richard S. J. & Narita, Daiju & Anthoff, David, 2008. "Damage Costs of Climate Change through Intensification of Tropical Cyclone Activities: An Application of FUND," Papers WP259, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chort, Isabelle & de la Rupelle, Maëlys, 2017.
"Managing the Impact of Climate Change on Migration: Evidence from Mexico,"
GLO Discussion Paper Series
78, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Isabelle Chort & Maelys de la Rupelle, 2017. "Managing the Impact of Climate Change on Migration: Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers DT/2017/04, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- repec:spr:nathaz:v:88:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11069-017-2885-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ilan Noy & Christopher Edmonds, 2016.
"The Economic and Fiscal Burdens of Disasters in the Pacific,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
6237, CESifo Group Munich.
- Noy, Ilan & Edmonds, Christopher, 2016. "The economic and fiscal burdens of disasters in the Pacific," Working Paper Series 5439, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Lazzaroni, Sara & van Bergeijk, Peter A.G., 2014.
"Natural disasters' impact, factors of resilience and development: A meta-analysis of the macroeconomic literature,"
Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 333-346.
- Lazzaroni, S. & van Bergeijk, P.A.G., 2013. "Natural disasters impact, factors of resilience and development: A meta-analysis of the macroeconomic literature," ISS Working Papers - General Series 554, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Xiao-Chen Yuan & Xun Sun & Upmanu Lall & Zhi-Fu Mi & Jun He & Yi-Ming Wei, 2016.
"China’s socioeconomic risk from extreme events in a changing climate: a hierarchical Bayesian model,"
Springer, vol. 139(2), pages 169-181, November.
- Xiao-Chen Yuan & Xun Sun & Upmanu Lall & Zhi-Fu Mi & Jun He & Yi-Ming Wei, 2017. "China's socioeconomic risk from extreme events in a changing climate: a hierarchical Bayesian model," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 107, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Elliott, Robert J.R. & Strobl, Eric & Sun, Puyang, 2015.
"The local impact of typhoons on economic activity in China: A view from outer space,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 50-66.
- Robert J R Elliott & Eric Strobl & Puyang Sun, 2015. "The Local Impact of Typhoons on Economic Activity in China: A View from Outer Space," Discussion Papers 15-11, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Matthew Ranson & Carolyn Kousky & Matthias Ruth & Lesley Jantarasami & Allison Crimmins & Lisa Tarquinio, 2014. "Tropical and extratropical cyclone damages under climate change," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 127(2), pages 227-241, November.
- Hallegatte, Stephane, 2012.
"A cost effective solution to reduce disaster losses in developing countries : hydro-meteorological services, early warning, and evacuation,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6058, The World Bank.
- Stéphane Hallegatte, 2012. "A cost effective solution to reduce disaster losses in developing countries: hydro-meteorological services, early warning, and evacuation," Post-Print hal-00802045, HAL.
- Francesco Bosello & Shouro Dasgupta, 2015. "Development, Climate Change Adaptation, and Maladaptation: Some Econometric Evidence," Working Papers 2015.97, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Vinod Thomas & Jose Albert & Cameron Hepburn, 2014. "Contributors to the frequency of intense climate disasters in Asia-Pacific countries," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 126(3), pages 381-398, October.
- James Neumann & Kerry Emanuel & Sai Ravela & Lindsay Ludwig & Paul Kirshen & Kirk Bosma & Jeremy Martinich, 2015. "Joint effects of storm surge and sea-level rise on US Coasts: new economic estimates of impacts, adaptation, and benefits of mitigation policy," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 129(1), pages 337-349, March.
- S. Seo, 2014. "Estimating Tropical Cyclone Damages Under Climate Change in the Southern Hemisphere Using Reported Damages," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 58(3), pages 473-490, July.
- Andrea Staid & Seth Guikema & Roshanak Nateghi & Steven Quiring & Michael Gao, 2014. "Simulation of tropical cyclone impacts to the U.S. power system under climate change scenarios," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 127(3), pages 535-546, December.
- Ming-Zhu Wang & Marco Amati & Frank Thomalla, 2012. "Understanding the vulnerability of migrants in Shanghai to typhoons," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 60(3), pages 1189-1210, February.
- Noy, I, 2012. "Investing in Disaster Risk Reduction: A Global Fund," Working Paper Series 2390, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Laura A. Bakkensen & Robert O. Mendelsohn, 2016. "Risk and Adaptation: Evidence from Global Hurricane Damages and Fatalities," Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(3), pages 555-587.
- Ramón E. López & Vinod Thomas & Pablo Troncoso, 2015. "Climate Change and Natural Disasters," Working Papers wp414, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Noy, Ilan, 2015. "Natural disasters and climate change in the Pacific island countries: New non-monetary measurements of impacts," Working Paper Series 4200, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- World Bank & United Nations, 2010. "Natural Hazards, UnNatural Disasters : The Economics of Effective Prevention," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2512.
- Bosello, Francesco & De Cian, Enrica, 2014.
"Climate change, sea level rise, and coastal disasters. A review of modeling practices,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 593-605.
- Francesco Bosello & Enrica De Cian, 2013. "Climate Change, Sea Level Rise, and Coastal Disasters. A Review of Modeling Practices," Working Papers 2013.104, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Gary Yohe & Chris Hope, 2013. "Some thoughts on the value added from a new round of climate change damage estimates," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 117(3), pages 451-465, April.
- Corey Lang & John David Ryder, 2016. "The effect of tropical cyclones on climate change engagement," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 135(3), pages 625-638, April.
- Sebastian Acevedo Mejia, 2016. "Gone with the Wind; Estimating Hurricane and Climate Change Costs in the Caribbean," IMF Working Papers 16/199, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate Change Economics; Climate Change Mitigation and Green House Gases; Hazard Risk Management; Science of Climate Change; Global Environment Facility;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2011-11-14 (Development)
- NEP-ENE-2011-11-14 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2011-11-14 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RES-2011-11-14 (Resource Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5562. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .