Remittances, consumption and investment in Ghana
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adams, Richard H., Jr., 1991. "The effects of international remittances on poverty, inequality, and development in rural Egypt:," Research reports 86, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1983. "Generalized Econometric Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 507-512, March.
- Kaivan Munshi, 2003. "Networks in the Modern Economy: Mexican Migrants in the U. S. Labor Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(2), pages 549-599.
- Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp & Samir Jahjah, 2005.
"Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(1), pages 55-81, April.
- Samir Jahjah & Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp, 2003. "Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?," IMF Working Papers 03/189, International Monetary Fund.
- Osili, Una Okonkwo, 2004. "Migrants and Housing Investments: Theory and Evidence from Nigeria," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(4), pages 821-849, July.
- Edwards, Alejandra Cox & Ureta, Manuelita, 2003. "International migration, remittances, and schooling: evidence from El Salvador," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 429-461, December.
- Hausman, J. A. & Newey, W. K. & Powell, J. L., 1995.
"Nonlinear errors in variables Estimation of some Engel curves,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 205-233, January.
- J. A. Hausman & W. K. Newey & J. L. Powel, 1988. "Nonlinear Errors in Variables: Estimation of Some Engel Curves," Working papers 504, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Schmertmann, Carl P., 1994. "Selectivity bias correction methods in polychotomous sample selection models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 101-132.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Haas, Hein, 2009. "Mobility and Human Development," MPRA Paper 19176, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David McKenzie & John Gibson & Steven Stillman, 2007.
"Moving to opportunity, leaving behind what? Evaluating the initial effects of a migration policy on incomes and poverty in source areas,"
New Zealand Economic Papers,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 197-223.
- David McKenzie & John Gibson & Steven Stillman, 2007. "Moving to Opportunity, Leaving Behind What? Evaluating the Initial Effects of a Migration Policy on Incomes and Poverty in Source Areas," Working Papers in Economics 07/23, University of Waikato.
- Démurger, Sylvie & Wang, Xiaoqian, 2016.
"Remittances and expenditure patterns of the left behinds in rural China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 177-190.
- Sylvie Démurger & Xiaoqian Wang, 2016. "Remittances and expenditure patterns of the left behinds in rural China," Working Papers halshs-01251341, HAL.
- Sylvie Démurger & Xiaoqian Wang, 2016. "Remittances and expenditure patterns of the left behinds in rural China," Post-Print halshs-01266400, HAL.
- Sylvie Démurger & Xiaoqian Wang, 2016. "Remittances and expenditure patterns of the left behinds in rural China," Working Papers 1601, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Démurger, Sylvie & Wang, Xiaoqian, 2016. "Remittances and Expenditure Patterns of the Left Behinds in Rural China," IZA Discussion Papers 9640, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Eliana V. Jimenez & Richard P.C. Brown, 2008. "Assessing the poverty impacts of remittances with alternative counterfactual income estimates," Discussion Papers Series 375, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:79:y:2019:i:c:p:141-153 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deb, Partha & Seck, Papa, 2009.
"Internal Migration, Selection Bias and Human Development: Evidence from Indonesia and Mexico,"
19214, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Partha Deb & Papa Seck, 2009. "Internal Migration, Selection Bias and Human Development: Evidence from Indonesia and Mexico," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2009-31, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), revised Jul 2009.
- Lall, Somik V. & Selod, Harris & Shalizi, Zmarak, 2006. "Rural-urban migration in developing countries : a survey of theoretical predictions and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3915, The World Bank.
- Schiff, Maurice, 2006. "Migration's Income and Poverty Impact Has Been Underestimated," IZA Discussion Papers 2088, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Evans Stephen Osabuohien & Uchenna Rapuluchukwu Efobi, 2013. "Africa's Money in Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 81(2), pages 292-306, June.
More about this item
KeywordsPopulation Policies; Access to Finance; Debt Markets; Remittances;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2008-02-23 (Africa)
- NEP-DEV-2008-02-23 (Development)
- NEP-MIG-2008-02-23 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4515. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .