Does corruption impact on firms'ability to conduct business in Mauritania ? evidence from investment climate survey data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Acemoglu, Daron & Verdier, Thierry, 1998.
"Property Rights, Corruption and the Allocation of Talent: A General Equilibrium Approach,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(450), pages 1381-1403, September.
- Acemoglu, D. & Verdier, T., 1996. "Property Rights, Corruption and the Allocation of Talent: A General Equilibrium Approach," Working papers 96-5, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Acemoglu, D. & Verdier, T., 1996. "Property Rights, Corruption and the Allocation of Talent: A General Equilibrium Approach," DELTA Working Papers 96-12, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Acemoglu, Daron & Verdier, Thierry, 1996. "Property Rights, Corruption and the Allocation of Talent: A General Equilibrium Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 1494, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hellman, Joel S. & Jones, Geraint & Kaufmann, Daniel & Schankerman, Mark, 2000.
"Measuring governance, corruption, and State capture - how firms and bureaucrats shape the business environment in transition economies,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2312, The World Bank.
- Joel S. Hellman & Geraint Jones & Daniel Kaufmann & Mark Schankerman, 2003. "Measuring Governance, Corruption and State Capture: How Firms and Bureaucrats Shape the Business Environment in Transition Economies," Development and Comp Systems 0308004, EconWPA.
- Bliss, Christopher & Di Tella, Rafael, 1997. "Does Competition Kill Corruption?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(5), pages 1001-1023, October.
- Gaviria, Alejandro, 2002.
"Assessing the effects of corruption and crime on firm performance: evidence from Latin America,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 245-268, September.
- Alejandro Gaviria, 2002. "Assessing the Effects of Corruption and Crime on Firm Performance: Evidence from Latin America," INVESTIGACIÓN ECONÓMICA EN COLOMBIA 001902, FUNDACIÓN PONDO.
- Kaufman, Daniel & Shang-Jin Wei, 1999.
"Does"grease money"speed up the wheels of commerce?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2254, The World Bank.
- Daniel Kaufmann & Shang-Jin Wei, 2000. "Does 'Grease Money' Speed Up the Wheels of Commerce?," IMF Working Papers 00/64, International Monetary Fund.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Wei, Shang-Jin, 1999. "Does 'Grease Money' Speed Up the Wheels of Commerce?," MPRA Paper 8209, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Kaufmann & Shang-Jin Wei, 1999. "Does "Grease Money" Speed Up the Wheels of Commerce?," NBER Working Papers 7093, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hellman, Joel S. & Jones, Geraint & Kaufmann, daniel, 2000. ""Seize the state, seize the day": state capture, corruption, and influence in transition," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2444, The World Bank.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Mastruzzi, Massimo, 2005. "Governance matters IV : governance indicators for 1996-2004," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3630, The World Bank.
- Pranab Bardhan, 1997. "Corruption and Development: A Review of Issues," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1320-1346, September.
- Alberto Ades & Rafael Di Tella, 1997. "The New Economics of Corruption: a Survey and Some New Results," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 45(3), pages 496-515.
- Lui, Francis T, 1985. "An Equilibrium Queuing Model of Bribery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(4), pages 760-781, August.
- Paolo Mauro, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712.
- Johnson, Simon & Kaufmann, Daniel & Zoido-Lobaton, Pablo, 1999. "Corruption, public finances, and the unofficial economy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2169, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Magnoli Bocchi, Alessandro & Pontara, Nicola & Fall, Khayar & Tejada, Catalina M. & Cuervo, Pablo Gallego, 2008. "Reaching the millennium development goals : Mauritania should care," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4674, The World Bank.
- BenYishay, Ariel & Pearlman, Sarah, 2014. "Crime and Microenterprise Growth: Evidence from Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 139-152.
- Antonio Estache & A. Iimi, 2008.
"Procurement Efficiency for Infrastructure Development and Financial Needs Reassessed,"
Working Papers ECARES
2008_022, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Estache, Antonio & Iimi, Atsushi, 2008. "Procurement efficiency for infrastructure development and financial needs reassessed," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4662, The World Bank.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:48:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11187-016-9802-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2013. "The Private Sector as Culprit and Victim of Corruption in Africa," Working Papers wp330, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Seker, Murat & Yang, Judy S., 2012. "How bribery distorts firm growth : differences by firm attributes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6046, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Sector Corruption&Anticorruption Measures; Access to Finance; Governance Indicators; Microfinance; National Governance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-12-19 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2007-12-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-12-19 (Development)
- NEP-ENV-2007-12-19 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4439. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.