Corporate governance in institutions offering Islamic financial services : issues and options
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Caprio, Gerard & Laeven, Luc & Levine, Ross, 2007. "Governance and bank valuation," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 584-617, October.
- Grais, Wafik & Pellegrini, Matteo, 2006. "Corporate governance and Shariah compliance in institutions offering Islamic financial services," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4054, The World Bank.
- Allen, Franklin & Gale, Douglas, 1997.
"Financial Markets, Intermediaries, and Intertemporal Smoothing,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(3), pages 523-546, June.
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 1995. "Financial markets, intermediaries, and intertemporal smoothing," Working Papers 95-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 1996. "Financial Markets, Intermediaries and Intertemporal Smoothing," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-33, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 1995. "Financial Markets, Intermediaries, and Intertemporal Smoothing," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 95-02, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
- Renee B. Adams & Hamid Mehran, 2003. "Is corporate governance different for bank holding companies?," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 123-142.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jcecon:v:46:y:2018:i:1:p:1-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jmgtgv:v:21:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10997-016-9360-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:1005-1010 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jocaae:v:11:y:2015:i:3:p:262-279 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ris:isecst:0168 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aysan, Ahmet F. & Disli, Mustafa & Duygun, Meryem & Ozturk, Huseyin, 2018.
"Religiosity versus rationality: Depositor behavior in Islamic and conventional banks,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 1-19.
- Ahmet F. Aysan & Mustafa Disli & Meryem Duygun & Huseyin Ozturk, 2017. "Religiosity Versus Rationality: Depositor Behavior In Islamic And Conventional Banks," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 17/933, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Azmat, Saad & Skully, Michael & Brown, Kym, 2014. "Issuer's choice of Islamic bond type," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 122-135.
- Athari, Seyed Alireza & Adaoglu, Cahit & Bektas, Eralp, 2016. "Investor protection and dividend policy: The case of Islamic and conventional banks," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 100-117.
- Azmat, Saad & Skully, Michael & Brown, Kym, 2017. "The (little) difference that makes all the difference between Islamic and conventional bonds," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 46-59.
- Hayat, Raphie & Kabir Hassan, M., 2017. "Does an Islamic label indicate good corporate governance?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 159-174.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks&Banking Reform; Corporate Law; Non Bank Financial Institutions; Investment and Investment Climate; Privatization;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2006-11-04 (Banking)
- NEP-CSE-2006-11-04 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-CWA-2006-11-04 (Central & Western Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4052. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .