Addressing China's growing water shortages and associated social and environmental consequences
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anderson, Kym & Huang, Jikun & Ianchovichina, Elena, 2004.
"Will China's WTO accession worsen farm household incomes?,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 443-456.
- Kym Anderson & Jikun Huang & Elena Ianchovichina, 2002. "Impact of ChinaÂ’s WTO Accession on Farm-Nonfarm Income Inequality and Rural Poverty," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2002-11, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Anderson, Kym & Huang, Jikun & Ianchovichina, Elena, 2004. "Will China's WTO Accession Worsen Rural Poverty?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4196, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anderson, Kym & Huang, Jikun & Ianchovichina, Elena, 2003. "Long-run impacts of China's WTO accession on farm-nonfarm income inequality and rural poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3052, The World Bank.
- Anderson, Kym & Huang, Jikun & Ianchovichina, Elena, 2002. "Impact of China’s WTO Accession on Rural-Urban Income Inequality," 2002 Conference (46th), February 13-15, 2002, Canberra, Australia 173975, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- World Bank, 2002. "Agenda for Water Sector Strategy for North China : Summary Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15418, The World Bank.
- Shahid Yusuf & Kaoru Nabeshima, 2006. "China's Development Priorities," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7049, November.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2007. "China's (uneven) progress against poverty," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 1-42, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Lei & Zhu, Xueqin & Heerink, Nico & Shi, Xiaoping, 2014. "Does output market development affect irrigation water institutions? Insights from a case study in northern China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 70-78.
- Jian Xie, 2009. "Addressing China's Water Scarcity : Recommendations for Selected Water Resource Management Issues," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2585, November.
- Woo, Chi-Keung & Wong, Wing-Keung & Horowitz, Ira & Chan, Hing-Lin, 2012. "Managing a scarce resource in a growing Asian economy: Water usage in Hong Kong," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 374-382.
- Jianjun Tang & Henk Folmer & Arno J. Vlist & Jianhong Xue, 2014. "The impacts of management reform on irrigation water use efficiency in the Guanzhong plain, China," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(2), pages 455-475, June.
- Qu, Futian & Kuyvenhoven, Arie & Shi, Xiaoping & Heerink, Nico, 2011. "Sustainable natural resource use in rural China: Recent trends and policies," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 444-460.
- Theresa Carino & Ying Xie, 2013. "Water and sanitation in six villages in Guizhou and Guangxi Provinces, China: a critical perspective," Water International, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(7), pages 954-966, November.
More about this item
KeywordsWater Supply and Sanitation Governance and Institutions; Town Water Supply and Sanitation; Water and Industry; Water Conservation; Water Use;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2006-04-29 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2006-04-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2006-04-29 (China)
- NEP-ENV-2006-04-29 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2006-04-29 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2006-04-29 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3895. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.