Scaling-up microfinance for India's rural poor
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Xavier Giné & Pamela Jakiela & Dean Karlan & Jonathan Morduch, 2010.
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, pages 60-95.
- Xavier Gine & Pamela Jakiela & Dean Karlan & Jonathan Morduch, 2006. "Microfinance Games," Working Papers 2102, The Field Experiments Website.
- Dean Karlan & Xavier Gine & Jonathan Morduch & Pamela Jakiela, 2006. "Microfinance Games," Working Papers 936, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Xavier Gine & Pamela Jakiela & Dean Karlan & Jonathan Morduch, 2006. "Microfinance games," Framed Field Experiments 00150, The Field Experiments Website.
- Gine, Xavier & Jakiela, Pamela & Karlan, Dean & Morduch, Jonathan, 2006. "Microfinance games," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3959, The World Bank.
- Morduch, Jonathan, 1999. "Between the State and the Market: Can Informal Insurance Patch the Safety Net?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 14(2), pages 187-207, August.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:28956 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Morduch, 1999. "The Microfinance Promise," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1569-1614, December.
- Seibel, Hans Dieter, 2001. "SHG banking: A financial technology for reaching marginal areas and the very poor : NABARD's program of promoting local financial intermediaries owned and managed by the rural poor in India," Working Papers 2001,3, University of Cologne, Development Research Center.
- Hashemi, Syed M. & Schuler, Sidney Ruth & Riley, Ann P., 1996. "Rural credit programs and women's empowerment in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 635-653, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank, 2007. "India - Jharkhand : Addressing the Challenges of Inclusive Development," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7739, The World Bank.
- Geoffrey N. Keim & Beth Anne Wilson, 2007. "India's future: it's about jobs," International Finance Discussion Papers 913, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bos, Jaap W.B. & Millone, Matteo, 2015.
"Practice What You Preach: Microfinance Business Models and Operational Efficiency,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 28-42.
- Millone M.M. & Bos J.W.B., 2013. "Practice what you preach: Microfinance business models and operational efficiency," Research Memorandum 067, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Imai, Katsushi S. & Arun, Thankom & Annim, Samuel Kobina, 2010.
"Microfinance and Household Poverty Reduction: New Evidence from India,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 1760-1774, December.
- Katsushi Imai & Thankom Arun & Samuel Kobina Annim, 2010. "Microfinance and Household Poverty Reduction: New evidence from India," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1008, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Katsushi S. Imai & Samuel Kobina Annim, 2010. "Microfinance and Household Poverty Reduction: New evidence from India," Discussion Paper Series DP2010-14, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Anand, Rahul & Prasad, Eswar S. & Zhang, Boyang, 2015.
"What measure of inflation should a developing country central bank target?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 102-116.
- Rahul Anand & Eswar Prasad & Boyang Zhang, 2015. "What Measure of Inflation Should a Developing Country Central Bank Target?," NBER Working Papers 21388, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anand, Rahul & Prasad, Eswar & Zhang, Boyang, 2015. "What Measure of Inflation Should a Developing Country Central Bank Target?," IZA Discussion Papers 9219, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rahul Anand & Eswar S Prasad & Boyang Zhang, 2015. "What Measure of Inflation Should a Developing Country Central Bank Target?," IMF Working Papers 15/205, International Monetary Fund.
- Garikipati, Supriya, 2008. "The Impact of Lending to Women on Household Vulnerability and Women's Empowerment: Evidence from India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2620-2642, December.
- Thapa, Ganesh, 1. "Sustainability and Governance of Microfinance Institutions: Recent Experiences and Some Lessons for Southeast Asia," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 3(1).
More about this item
KeywordsBanks&Banking Reform; Financial Intermediation; Environmental Economics&Policies; Financial Crisis Management&Restructuring; Public Sector Economics&Finance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2005-12-14 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2005-12-14 (Development)
- NEP-FIN-2005-12-14 (Finance)
- NEP-MFD-2005-12-14 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3646. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .