Governance of public pension funds : lessons from corporate governance and international evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Agency Problems and Residual Claims," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 327-349, June.
- Besley, Timothy & Prat, Andrea, 2003.
"Pension fund governance and the choice between defined benefit and defined contribution plans,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
24853, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Tim Besley & Andrea Prat, 2003. "Pension fund governance and the choice between defined benefit and defined contribution plans," IFS Working Papers W03/09, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Prat, Andrea, 2003. "Pension Fund Governance and the Choice Between Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Plans," CEPR Discussion Papers 3955, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30728046 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anil Shivdasani & David Yermack, 1999.
"CEO Involvement in the Selection of New Board Members: An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 54(5), pages 1829-1853, October.
- Anil Shivdasani & David Yermack, 1998. "CEO Involvement in the Selection of New Board Members: An Empirical Analysis," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-059, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Chia, Ngee Choon & Tsui, Albert K. C., 2003. "Life annuities of compulsory savings and income adequacy of the elderly in Singapore," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 41-65, March.
- Becht, Marco & Bolton, Patrick & Roell, Ailsa, 2003.
"Corporate governance and control,"
Handbook of the Economics of Finance,in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 1-109
- Patrick Bolton & Marco Becht & Alisa Röell, 2002. "Corporate Governance and Control," NBER Working Papers 9371, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco Becht & Patrick Bolton & Ailsa Roell, 2003. "Corporate governance and control," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13330, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1997.
" A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 737-783, June.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," NBER Working Papers 5554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mayers, David & Shivdasani, Anil & Smith, Clifford W, Jr, 1997. "Board Composition and Corporate Control: Evidence from the Insurance Industry," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(1), pages 33-62, January.
- Palacios, Robert, 2002. "Managing public pension reserves Part II : lessons from five recent OECD initiatives," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 33407, The World Bank.
- Iglesias, Augusto & Palacios, Robert J., 2000. "Managing public pension reserves - Part I : evidence from the international experience," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 21311, The World Bank.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
- Main, Brian G M & O'Reilly, Charles A, III & Wade, James, 1995. "The CEO, the Board of Directors and Executive Compensation: Economic and Psychological Perspectives," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 293-332.
- Olivia S. Mitchell & Robert S. Smith, "undated". "Public Sector Pension Funding," Pension Research Council Working Papers 94-4, Wharton School Pension Research Council, University of Pennsylvania.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Inderst, Georg & Stewart, Fiona, 2014. "Institutional Investment in Infrastructure in Emerging Markets and Developing Economies," MPRA Paper 62522, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert Holzmann & Richard Hinz, 2005. "Old Age Income Support in the 21st century: An International Perspective on Pension Systems and Reform," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7336.
- Wang, Yong & Mao, Connie X., 2015. "Shareholder activism of public pension funds: The political facet," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 138-152.
- Swati Ghosh & Ernesto Revilla, 2008.
"Enhancing the efficiency of securities markets in East Asia,"
Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 249-268.
- Ghosh, Swati & Revilla, Ernesto, 2007. "Enhancing the efficiency of securities markets in East Asia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4129, The World Bank.
- Impavido, Gregorio & Rocha, Roberto, 2006. "Competition and performance in the Hungarian second pillar," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3876, The World Bank.
- Jackowicz, Krzysztof & Kowalewski, Oskar, 2012. "Crisis, internal governance mechanisms and pension fund performance: Evidence from Poland," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 493-515.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Theory&Research; International Terrorism&Counterterrorism; Decentralization; Payment Systems&Infrastructure; Banks&Banking Reform; Municipal Financial Management; National Governance; Environmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Banks&Banking Reform;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2004-09-12 (Accounting & Auditing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.