Governance of communicable disease control services : a case study and lessons from India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Samuel H. Preston & Michael R. Haines, 1991. "Fatal Years: Child Mortality in Late Nineteenth-Century America," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number pres91-1, June.
- Samuel H. Preston, 1980. "Causes and Consequences of Mortality Declines in Less Developed Countries during the Twentieth Century," NBER Chapters,in: Population and Economic Change in Developing Countries, pages 289-360 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tendler, Judith & Freedheim, Sara, 1994. "Trust in a rent-seeking world: Health and government transformed in Northeast Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1771-1791, December.
- Filmer, Deon & Pritchett, Lant, 1999. "The impact of public spending on health: does money matter?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 49(10), pages 1309-1323, November.
- David H. Peters & Abdo S. Yazbeck & Rashmi R. Sharma & G. N. V. Ramana & Lant H. Pritchett & Adam Wagstaff, 2002. "Better Health Systems for India's Poor : Findings, Analysis, and Options," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14080, June.
- McGuire, James W., 2001. "Social Policy and Mortality Decline in East Asia and Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1673-1697, October.
- Gauri, Varun & Khaleghian, Peyvand, 2002.
"Immunization in Developing Countries: Its Political and Organizational Determinants,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2109-2132, December.
- Gauri, Varun & Khaleghian, Peyvand, 2002. "Immunization in developing countries : its political and organizational determinants," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2769, The World Bank.
- McMillan, Della E. & Meltzer, Martin I., 1996. "Vector-borne disease control in sub-Saharan Africa: A necessary but partial vision of development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 569-588, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Das Gupta, Monica, 2005. "Public health in India : an overview," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3787, The World Bank.
- Sheikh, Kabir & Porter, John, 2010. "Discursive gaps in the implementation of public health policy guidelines in India: The case of HIV testing," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(11), pages 2005-2013, December.
- Guinness, Lorna, 2011. "What can transaction costs tell us about governance in the delivery of large scale HIV prevention programmes in southern India?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(12), pages 1939-1947, June.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Monitoring&Evaluation; Health Systems Development&Reform; Agricultural Knowledge&Information Systems; Public Health Promotion; Disease Control&Prevention; Health Systems Development&Reform; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; National Governance; Agricultural Knowledge&Information Systems; Health Economics&Finance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2004-09-12 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HEA-2004-09-12 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .