Shifting tax burdens through exemptions and evasion - an empirical investigation of Uganda
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bernard Gauthier & Ritva Reinikka, 2006. "Shifting Tax Burdens through Exemptions and Evasion: an Empirical Investigation of Uganda," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 15(3), pages 373-398, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- John J Matovu & Duanjie Chen & Ritva Reinikka-Soininen, 2001. "A Quest for Revenue and Tax Incidence in Uganda," IMF Working Papers 01/24, International Monetary Fund.
- Steel, William F & Webster, Leila M, 1992. "How Small Enterprises in Ghana Have Responded to Adjustment," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 423-438, September.
- Tybout, James, et al, 1997. "Firm-Level Responses to the CFA Devaluation in Cameroon," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 6(1), pages 3-34, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bernard Gauthier & Jonathan Goyette, 2016.
"Fiscal policy and corruption,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 46(1), pages 57-79, January.
- repec:zbw:ifwkie:3715 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Goyette, 2012. "Optimal tax threshold: the consequences on efficiency of official vs. effective enforcement," Cahiers de recherche 12-07, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Odd-Helge Fjeldstad, 2005. "Corruption in Tax Administration: Lessons from Institutional Reforms in Uganda," CMI Working Papers WP 2005: 10, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Goyette, Jonathan & Gallipoli, Giovanni, 2015.
"Distortions, efficiency and the size distribution of firms,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, pages 202-221.
- Jonathan Goyette & Giovanni Gallipoli, 2012. "Distortions, Efficiency and the Size Distribution of Firms," Cahiers de recherche 12-06, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- E. EHRHART & Alexandru MINEA & Patrick VILLIEU, 2009.
"Deficits, Seignorage and the Growth Laffer Curve in Developing Countries,"
LEO Working Papers / DR LEO
118, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Alexandru MINEA & Hélène EHRHART & Patrick VILLIEU, 2009. "Deficit, Seigniorage and the Growth Laffer Curve in developing countries," Working Papers 200926, CERDI.
- Hélène Ehrhart & Alexandru Minea & P. Villieu, 2011. "Deficit, Seigniorage and the Growth Laffer Curve in developing countries," Working Papers halshs-00554257, HAL.
- Pieroni, Luca & d'Agostino, Giorgio & Bartolucci, Francesco, 2013. "Identifying corruption through latent class models: evidence from transition economies," MPRA Paper 43981, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2006. "Corruption and Pro-Poor Growth Outcomes: Evidence and Lessons for African Countries," Working Papers wp120, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Matovu, John Mary & Twimukye, Evarist P. & Nabiddo, Winnie & Guloba, Madina, 2009. "Impact of Tax Reforms on Household Welfare," Research Series 54801, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Warlters, Michael, 2006.
"The Marginal Cost of Public Funds in Developing Countries: An Application to 38 African Countries,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6007, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Warlters, Michael, 2007. "The Marginal Cost of Public Funds in Developing Countries: An Application to 38 African Countries," IDEI Working Papers 371, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Kappel, Robert & Lay, Jann & Steiner, Susan, 2004. "The Missing Links - Uganda's Economic Reforms and Pro-Poor Growth," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3840, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Bernard Gauthier & Jean-Paul Azam & Jonathan Goyette, 2004. "The Effect of Fiscal Policy and Corruption Control Mechanisms on Firm Growth and Social Welfare: Theory and Evidence," Cahiers de recherche 04-10, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Matthews, Alan & Claquin, Pierre & Opolot, Jacob, 2007. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Uganda," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 48549, World Bank.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Warlters, Michael, 2012.
"The marginal cost of public funds and tax reform in Africa,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 58-72.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Walters, Michael, 2009. "The Marginal Cost of Public Funds and Tax Reform in Africa," TSE Working Papers 09-110, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Kappel, Robert & Lay, Jann & Steiner, Susan, 2005.
"Uganda: No more pro-poor growth?,"
Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005
31, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Kappel, Robert & Lay, Jann & Steiner, Susan, 2005. "Uganda: No more pro-poor growth?," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3504, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Clara Delavallade, 2012.
"What Drives Corruption? Evidence from North African Firms,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 21(4), pages 499-547, August.
- Clara Delavallade, 2011. "What Drives Corruption? Evidence from North African Firms," Working Papers 244, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Clara Delavallade, 2011. "What Drives Corruption? Evidence from North African Firms," SALDRU Working Papers 68, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Ravi Kanbur & Michael Keen, 2014.
"Thresholds, informality, and partitions of compliance,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 21(4), pages 536-559, August.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Keen, Michael, 2014. "Threshold, Informality, and Partitions of Compliance," Working Papers 180136, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Michael Keen, 2012. "Taxation and Development; Again," IMF Working Papers 12/220, International Monetary Fund.
- Warlters, Michael & Auriol, Emmanuelle, 2005. "The marginal cost of public funds in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3679, The World Bank.
- Bruhn, Miriam & Loeprick, Jan, 2014. "Small business tax policy, informality, and tax evasion -- evidence from Georgia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7010, The World Bank.
- Kenyon, Thomas, 2008. "Tax Evasion, Disclosure, and Participation in Financial Markets: Evidence from Brazilian Firms," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2512-2525, November.
- Marco Carreras & Purnachandar Dachapalli & Giulia Mascagni, 2017. "Effective corporate tax burden and firm size in South Africa: A firm-level analysis," WIDER Working Paper Series 162, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Luisito Bertinelli & Arnaud Bourgain & Abdoul Karim Diamoutene, University of Social Sciences and Management of Bamako, Mali , 2017. "Corporate Effective Tax Rate in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Formal Companies of Mali," CREA Discussion Paper Series 17-18, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Bernard Gauthier & Jonathan Goyette, 2012. "Taxes and bribery: The role of monitoring, bargaining power and red tape," Cahiers de recherche 12-08, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
More about this item
KeywordsSmall Scale Enterprise; Public Sector Economics&Finance; Tax Policy and Administration; Small and Medium Size Enterprises; Microfinance; Public Sector Economics&Finance; Tax Policy and Administration; National Governance; Taxation&Subsidies; Small Scale Enterprise;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-03-14 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2735. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .