Evaluating public expenditures when governments must rely on distortionary taxation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Squire, Lyn, 1989. "Project evaluation in theory and practice," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 21, pages 1093-1137, Elsevier.
- Neary, J Peter, 1995.
"Trade Liberalisation and Shadow Prices in the Presence of Tariffs and Quotas,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 36(3), pages 531-554, August.
- J. Peter Neary, 1989. "Trade liberalization and shadow prices in the presence of tariffs and quotas," Working Papers 198904, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Neary, J Peter, 1989. "Trade Liberalization and Shadow Prices in the Presence of Tariffs and Quotas," CEPR Discussion Papers 345, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fane, George, 1991. "The Social Opportunity Cost of Foreign Exchange: A Partial Defence of Harberger et al," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 67(199), pages 307-316, December.
- Anderson, James E., 1997.
"Revenue Neutral Trade Reform with Many Households, Quotas and Tariffs,"
626, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Anderson, J-E, 1997. "Revenue Neutral Trade Reform With Many Households, Quotas and Tariffs," Papers 626, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- James E. Anderson, 1997. "Revenue Neutral Trade Reform with Many Households, Quotas and Tariffs," NBER Working Papers 6181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clive Bell & Shantayanan Devarajan, 1983. "Shadow Prices for Project Evaluation Under Alternative Macroeconomic Specifications," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 457-477.
- Dreze, Jean & Stern, Nicholas, 1987. "The theory of cost-benefit analysis," Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 14, pages 909-989, Elsevier.
- James E. Anderson, 1996. "Trade Reform with a Government Budget Constraint," NBER Working Papers 5827, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tower, Edward & Pursell, Garry G, 1987. "On Shadow Pricing Labour and Foreign Exchange," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(2), pages 318-332, June.
- Warr, Peter G, 1977. "On the Shadow Pricing of Traded Commodities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(4), pages 865-872, August.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Squire, Lyn & Suthiwart-Narueput, Sethaput, 1997. "Beyond Rate of Return: Reorienting Project Appraisal," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 12(1), pages 35-46, February.
- Dinwiddy, Caroline & Teal, Francis, 1989. "Relative shadow prices and the shadow exchange rate," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 349-358, December.
- Auerbach, Alan J., 1985. "The theory of excess burden and optimal taxation," Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 61-127, Elsevier.
- Dinwiddy, Caroline & Teal, Francis, 1987. "Project Appraisal and Foreign Exchange Constraints: A Comment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(386), pages 479-486, June.
- James E. Anderson & Will Martin, 1996. "The Welfare Analysis of Fiscal Policy: A Simple Unified Account," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 316., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Warr, Peter G., 1979. "Shadow prices, market prices and project losses," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 363-367.
- Harberger, Arnold C, 1997. "New Frontiers in Project Evaluation? A Comment on Devarajan, Squire, and Suthiwart-Narueput," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 12(1), pages 73-79, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antonio Estache & Jean-François Perrault & Luc Savard, 2007.
"Impact of Infrastructure Spending in Mali: A CGE modeling approach,"
Cahiers de recherche
07-24, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Antonio Estache & Jean-François Perrault & Luc Savard, 2009. "Impact of Infrastructure Spending in Mali: A CGE Modeling Approach," Working Papers ECARES 2009_009, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Antonio Estache & Jean-François Perrault & Luc Savard, 2008.
"Impact Of Infrastructure Spending In Sub-Saharan Africa: A Cge Modeling Approach,"
Cahiers de recherche
08-03, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Perrault, Jean-François & Savard, Luc & Estache, Antonio, 2010. "The impact of infrastructure spending in Sub-Saharan Africa : a CGE modeling approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5386, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Sector Economics&Finance; Environmental Economics&Policies; Markets and Market Access; Economic Theory&Research; Banks&Banking Reform; Public Sector Economics&Finance; Access to Markets; Markets and Market Access; Economic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1981. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.