Is there a quantity-quality tradeoff as enrollments increase? Evidence from Tamil Nadu, India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1995.
"Interpreting Recent Research on Schooling in Developing Countries,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 227-246, August.
- Eric A. Hanushek, "undated". "Interpreting Recent Research on Schooling in Developing Countries," Wallis Working Papers WP3, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
- Kingdon, Geeta, 1996. "The Quality and Efficiency of Private and Public Education: A Case-Study of Urban India," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(1), pages 57-82, February.
- Hanushek, E.A. & Lavy, V., 1995. "School Quality, Acheivement Bias, and Dropout Behavoiir in Egypt," Papers 107, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- James, Estelle & King, Elizabeth M. & Suryadi, Ace, 1996. "Finance, management, and costs of public and private schools in Indonesia," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 387-398, October.
- Jimenez, Emmanuel & Paqueo, Vicente, 1996. "Do local contributions affect the efficiency of public primary schools?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 377-386, October.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-1177, September.
- Duraisamy, P. & Malathy, R., 1990. "Impact Of Public Programs On Fertility And Gender Specific Investment In Human Capital Of Children In Rural India: Cross Sectional And Time Series Analysis," Papers 596, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Zeba A. Sathar & Cynthia B. Lloyd, 1994. "Who Gets Primary Schooling in Pakistan: Inequalities among and within Families," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 33(2), pages 103-134.
- Kremer, Michael R, 1995. "Research on Schooling: What We Know and What We Don't: A Comment," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 247-254, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yuki, Takako & Kameyama, Yuriko, 2014. "Challenges of Quality of Learning Outcomes for Countries with the Unfinished Agenda of Universal Primary Education and Gender Parity: The Case of Yemen," Working Papers 73, JICA Research Institute.
- Kajisa, Kei & Palanichamy, N. Venkatesa, 2010. "Schooling Investments over Three Decades in Rural Tamil Nadu, India: Changing Effects of Income, Gender, and Adult Family Members' Education," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 298-314, March.
- Archana Kumari, 2015. "A Study of Growth of Secondary Education in Delhi," International Journal of Social Science Research, Macrothink Institute, vol. 3(1), pages 85-99, March.
More about this item
KeywordsPrimary Education; Teaching and Learning; Public Health Promotion; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Gender and Education; Education Reform and Management; Teaching and Learning; Primary Education; Gender and Education; Health Monitoring&Evaluation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1768. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .