Improving Basic Services for the Bottom Forty Percent : Results of the Poverty and Social Impact Assessment of Decentralized Basic Service Delivery in Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Aurélie Cassette & Sonia Paty, 2010.
"Fiscal decentralization and the size of government: a European country empirical analysis,"
Springer, vol. 143(1), pages 173-189, April.
- Sonia Paty & Aurélie Cassette, 2009. "Fiscal Decentralization and the Size of Government: A European Country Empirical Analysis," Post-Print halshs-00418861, HAL.
- Silika Prohl & Friedrich Schneider, 2009. "Does Decentralization Reduce Government Size? A Quantitative Study of the Decentralization Hypothesis," Public Finance Review, , vol. 37(6), pages 639-664, November.
- Faguet, Jean-Paul & Wietzke, Frank-Borge, 2006. "Social funds and decentralisation: optimal institutional design," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2395, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Marito Garcia & Andrew Sunil Rajkumar, 2008. "Achieving Better Service Delivery through Decentralization in Ethiopia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6362.
- Galiani, Sebastian & Gertler, Paul & Schargrodsky, Ernesto, 2008. "School decentralization: Helping the good get better, but leaving the poor behind," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(10-11), pages 2106-2120, October.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen, 2003. "Centralized versus decentralized provision of local public goods: a political economy approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 2611-2637, December.
- Faguet, Jean-Paul & Ali, Zulfiqar, 2009. "Making Reform Work: Institutions, Dispositions, and the Improving Health of Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 208-218, January.
- Jean-Paul Faguet, 2000. "Decentralization and local government performance improving public service provision in Bolivia," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, February.
- Damon Clark, 2009. "The Performance and Competitive Effects of School Autonomy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 117(4), pages 745-783, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Qaiser M. Khan & Jean-Paul Faguet & Christopher Gaukler & Wendmsyamregne Mekasha, 2014. "Improving Basic Services for the Bottom Forty Percent : Lessons from Ethiopia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 20001.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Monitoring and Evaluation Rural Development - Regional Rural Development Rural Development Knowledge and Information Systems Health; Nutrition and Population - Population Policies Agricultural Knowledge and Information Systems Health Nutrition and Population Agriculture;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wboper:17838. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .