Tactical allocation in falling stocks: Combining momentum and solvency ratio signals
We identified 4500 US stocks with year ending losses of 50 percent or more during the 2001-2011 period. We screened our "falling knives" for financial strength to promote a greater likelihood of recovery and minimize any survivorship bias. We added the constraints of Altman Z-Scores, debt/equity ratio, and current ratio to our data set. We use GARCH-in-mean model to control the risk of the strategies. The results show consistent improvement of risk-standardized return profiles of the strategies in comparison with buy and hold strategy.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: ul. Dluga 44/50, 00-241 Warszawa|
Phone: (+48 22) 55 49 144
Fax: (+48 22) 831 28 46
Web page: http://www.wne.uw.edu.pl/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- I. Roko & M. Gilli, 2008.
"Using economic and financial information for stock selection,"
Computational Management Science,
Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 317-335, October.
- Ilir Roko & Manfred Gilli, "undated". "Using Economic and Financial Information for Stock Selection," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 06-21, Swiss Finance Institute.
- De Bondt, Werner F M & Thaler, Richard, 1985. " Does the Stock Market Overreact?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 793-805, July.
- Bhandari, Laxmi Chand, 1988. " Debt/Equity Ratio and Expected Common Stock Returns: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(2), pages 507-528, June.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30721347 is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:war:wpaper:2012-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcin Bąba)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.