The Value of Native Bird Conservation: A New Zealand Case Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cooper, Joseph C., 2002. "Flexible Functional Form Estimation of Willingness to Pay Using Dichotomous Choice Data," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 267-279, March.
- Katrin Rehdanz, 2007. "Species Diversity And Human Well-Being: A Spatial Econometric Approach," Working Papers FNU-151, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Oct 2007.
- Richard Yao & Pamela Kaval, 2007. "Non Market Valuation in New Zealand:1974 through 2005," Working Papers in Economics 07/17, University of Waikato.
- Dixie Reaves & Randall Kramer & Thomas Holmes, 1999. "Does Question Format Matter? Valuing an Endangered Species," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 14(3), pages 365-383, October.
- Loomis, John B. & Gonzalez-Caban, Armando, 1998. "A willingness-to-pay function for protecting acres of spotted owl habitat from fire," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 315-322, June.
- Timothy Park & John B. Loomis & Michael Creel, 1991. "Confidence Intervals for Evaluating Benefits Estimates from Dichotomous Choice Contingent Valuation Studies," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 67(1), pages 64-73.
- Kaval, Pamela & Loomis, John & Seidl, Andy, 2007.
"Willingness-to-pay for prescribed fire in the Colorado (USA) wildland urban interface,"
Forest Policy and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 9(8), pages 928-937, May.
- Pamela Kaval & John Loomis & Andrew Seidl, 2006. "Willingness-to-Pay for Prescribed Fire in the Colorado (USA) Wildland Urban Interface," Working Papers in Economics 06/13, University of Waikato.
- Clevo Wilson & Clem Tisdell, 2007.
"How Knowledge Affects Payment To Conserve An Endangered Bird,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(2), pages 226-237, April.
- Wilson, Clevo & Tisdell, Clement A., 2005. "How Knowledge Affects Payment to Conserve an Endangered Bird," Economics, Ecology and Environment Working Papers 54348, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Wilson, Clevo & Tisdell, Clement A., 2004. "Knowledge of Birds and Willingness to Pay for their Conservation: An Australian Case Study," Economics, Ecology and Environment Working Papers 48977, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Navrud, StAle & Mungatana, E. D., 1994. "Environmental valuation in developing countries: The recreational value of wildlife viewing," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 135-151, November.
- Thomas H. Stevens & Jaime Echeverria & Ronald J. Glass & Tim Hager & Thomas A. More, 1991. "Measuring the Existence Value of Wildlife: What Do CVM Estimates Really Show?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 67(4), pages 390-400.
- John List & Craig Gallet, 2001. "What Experimental Protocol Influence Disparities Between Actual and Hypothetical Stated Values?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 20(3), pages 241-254, November.
- Richard Yao & Pamela Kaval, 2008. "Valuing Biodiversity Enhancement in New Zealand," Working Papers in Economics 08/07, University of Waikato.
- Kotchen, Matthew J. & Reiling, Stephen D., 2000. "Environmental attitudes, motivations, and contingent valuation of nonuse values: a case study involving endangered species," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 93-107, January.
- Ojea, Elena & Loureiro, Maria L., 2007. "Altruistic, egoistic and biospheric values in willingness to pay (WTP) for wildlife," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 807-814, September.
- R. Craig Layman & John R. Boyce & Keith R. Criddle, 1996. "Economic Valuation of the Chinook Salmon Sport Fishery of the Gulkana River, Alaska, under Current and Alternate Management Plans," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(1), pages 113-128.
- Pamela Kaval & Mavra Stithou & Riccardo Scarpa, 2007. "Social Values of Biodiversity Conservation for the Endangered Loggerhead Turtle and Monk Seal," Working Papers in Economics 07/15, University of Waikato.
- Brouwer, Roy & van Beukering, Pieter & Sultanian, Elena, 2008. "The impact of the bird flu on public willingness to pay for the protection of migratory birds," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 575-585, January.
- Ing-Marie Gren, 2001. "International Versus National Actions Against Nitrogen Pollution of the Baltic Sea," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 20(1), pages 41-59, September.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Willingness to pay for bird conservation
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2010-01-22 21:18:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sahan T. M. Dissanayake & Amy W. Ando, 2014. "Valuing Grassland Restoration: Proximity to Substitutes and Trade-offs among Conservation Attributes," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 90(2), pages 237-259.
- repec:eee:touman:v:40:y:2014:i:c:p:352-360 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordscontingent valuation method; endangered species; New Zealand; native birdlife; bird conservation;
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
- Q26 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Recreational Aspects of Natural Resources
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-12-19 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2009-12-19 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-DCM-2009-12-19 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-ENV-2009-12-19 (Environmental Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wai:econwp:09/11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brian Silverstone). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dewaknz.html .