Exact Asymptotic Goodness-of-Fit Testing For Discrete Circular Data, With Applications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shao, Lijing & Ma, Bo-Qiang, 2010. "The significant digit law in statistical physics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(16), pages 3109-3116.
- George Judge & Laura Schechter, 2009. "Detecting Problems in Survey Data Using Benford’s Law," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 44(1).
- De Ceuster, Marc J. K. & Dhaene, Geert & Schatteman, Tom, 1998. "On the hypothesis of psychological barriers in stock markets and Benford's Law," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 263-279, September.
- Hunt, Daniel L. & Cheng, Cheng & Pounds, Stanley, 2009. "The beta-binomial distribution for estimating the number of false rejections in microarray gene expression studies," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(5), pages 1688-1700, March.
- Ocean Fan Lu & David Giles, 2010.
"Benford's Law and psychological barriers in certain eBay auctions,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 1005-1008.
- Ocean Fan Lu & David E. A. Giles, 2006. "Benford's Law and Psychological Barriers in Certain eBay Auctions," Econometrics Working Papers 0606, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Canessa, Enrique, 2003. "Theory of analogous force on number sets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 328(1), pages 44-52.
- David Giles, 2007.
"Benford's law and naturally occurring prices in certain ebaY auctions,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 157-161.
- David E. Giles, 2005. "Benford’s Law and Naturally Occurring Prices in Certain ebaY Auctions," Econometrics Working Papers 0505, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Balanzario, Eugenio P. & Sánchez-Ortiz, Jorge, 2010. "Sufficient conditions for Benford's law," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(23-24), pages 1713-1719, December.
More about this item
KeywordsDistributions on the circle; Goodness-of-fit; Watson’s 2N U; Discrete data; Benford’s Law;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
- C46 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Specific Distributions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vic:vicewp:1201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Graham Voss). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/devicca.html .