China�s role on the international cotton market
The aim of this paper is to investigate the main features of world cotton market by focusing on the role of China, and analysing the effect of predetermined macroeconomic variables on Chinese cotton market. First, a global overview of cotton market is given; after that, the main reasons for considering China as the leading country in this sector are illustrated. To follow the paper analyses what factors and to which extent they may have affected Chinese cotton production, consumption and international trade over the last years by means of a correlation matrix. Findings and conclusions are lastly presented.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cannaregio, S. Giobbe no 873 , 30121 Venezia|
Web page: http://www.unive.it/dip.economia
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Findlay, Ronald & O'Rourke, Kevin Hjortshøj, 2002.
"Commodity Market Integration 1500-2000,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3125, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- R. Findlay & K. H. O'Rourke, 2001. "Commodity market integration, 1500-2000," CEG Working Papers 20019, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- R. Findlay & K. H. O'Rourke, 2001. "Commodity market integration, 1500-2000," Trinity Economics Papers 200113, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Ronald Findlay & Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2001. "Commodity Market Integration, 1500-2000," NBER Working Papers 8579, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Veronique Theriault & Renata Serra & James A. Sterns, 2013. "Prices, institutions, and determinants of supply in the Malian cotton sector," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(2), pages 161-174, 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ven:wpaper:2013:27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geraldine Ludbrook)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.