A New Episode of Increased Urban Income Inequality in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Meng, Xin & Gregory, Robert & Wang, Youjuan, 2005.
"Poverty, inequality, and growth in urban China, 1986-2000,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 710-729, December.
- Meng, Xin & Gregory, Bob & Wang, Youjuan, 2005. "Poverty, Inequality, and Growth in Urban China, 1986-2000," IZA Discussion Papers 1452, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gustafsson,BjÃ¶rn A. & Shi,Li & Sicular,Terry (ed.), 2008. "Inequality and Public Policy in China," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521870450, April.
- Brandt, Loren & Holz, Carsten A, 2006.
"Spatial Price Differences in China: Estimates and Implications,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(1), pages 43-86, October.
- Loren Brandt & Carsten A. Holz, 2006. "Spatial Price Differences in China: Estimates and Implications," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 43-86.
- Loren Brandt & Carsten Holz, 2005. "Spatial Price Differences in China: Estimates and Implications," Microeconomics 0512001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Loren BRANDT & Carsten A HOLZ, 2005. "Spatial Price Differences in China: Estimates and Implications," Development and Comp Systems 0504010, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yueh, Linda, 2009.
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 778-786, April.
- Linda Yueh, 2007. "China`s Entrepreneurs," Economics Series Working Papers 324, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Linda Yueh, 2008. "China's Entrepreneurs," CentrePiece - The Magazine for Economic Performance 253, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Appleton, Simon & Song, Lina & Xia, Qingjie, 2010.
"Growing out of Poverty: Trends and Patterns of Urban Poverty in China 1988-2002,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 665-678, May.
- Appleton, Simon & Song, Lina & Xia, Qingjie, 2008. "Growing out of Poverty: Trends and Patterns of Urban Poverty in China 1988–2002," IZA Discussion Papers 3459, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Appleton, Simon & Song, Lina & Xia, Qingjie, 2008. "Growing out of poverty: trends and patterns of urban poverty in China 1988–2002," MPRA Paper 8346, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2008.
- Hongbin Cai & Yuyu Chen & Li-An Zhou, 2010. "Income and Consumption Inequality in Urban China: 1992-2003," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(3), pages 385-413, April.
- Li, Hongbin & Meng, Lingsheng & Wang, Qian & Zhou, Li-An, 2008. "Political connections, financing and firm performance: Evidence from Chinese private firms," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 283-299, October.
- Björn Gustafsson & Li Shi & Hiroshi Sato, 2004. "Can a subjective poverty line be applied to China? Assessing poverty among urban residents in 1999," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(8), pages 1089-1107.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Jongchul, 2013. "A provincial perspective on income inequality in urban China and the role of property and business income," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 140-150.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2011-11-01 (Development)
- NEP-LTV-2011-11-01 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-TRA-2011-11-01 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2011-11-01 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwo:hcuwoc:201116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://economics.uwo.ca/research/research_papers/chcp_workingpapers.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.