Capital Stock Estimates for China's Regional Economies: Results and Analyses
The lack of capital stock statistics for empirical research on the Chinese economy has for a long time been one of the major impediments. Though many authors have attempted to derive their own data series, most authors have focused on investigations at the national level and their findings are not without controversies. Few studies have provided estimates of capital stock for China's regional economies. This paper adds to the literature in several ways. First, it presents a critical review of the methods and findings in the existing literature. Second, it proposes an alternative approach to estimate China's regional capital stock values. Finally, the derived capital stock series are applied to examine growth, disparity and convergence in China's regional economies.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, W.A. 6009|
Phone: (08) 9380 2918
Fax: (08) 9380 1016
Web page: http://www.business.uwa.edu.au/school/disciplines/economics
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carsten A Holz, 2005.
"New Capital Estimates for China,"
- Xiaolei Qian & Russell Smyth, 2006.
"Growth Accounting for the Chinese Provinces 1990-2000: Incorporating Human Capital Accumulation,"
Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 21-37.
- Xiaolei Qian & Russell Smyth, 2005. "Growth Accounting for the Chinese Provinces 1990-2000: Incorporating Human Capital Accumulation," Monash Economics Working Papers 11/05, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Bramall, Chris, 2000. "Sources of Chinese Economic Growth, 1978-1996," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296973.
- Kuan, Chen & Hongchang, Wang & Yuxin, Zheng & Jefferson, Gary H. & Rawski, Thomas G., 1988. "Productivity change in Chinese industry: 1953-1985," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 570-591, December.
- Woo Wing Thye & Hai Wen & Jin Yibiao & Fan Gang, 1994. "How Successful Has Chinese Enterprise Reform Been? Pitfalls in Opposite Biases and Focus," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 410-437, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwa:wpaper:07-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Verity Chia)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.