On the Strong Approximation of Pure Jump Processes
This paper constructs strong discrete time approximations for pure jump processes that can be described by stochastic differential equations. Strong approximations based on jump-adapted time discretizations, which produce no discretization bias, are analyzed. The computational complexity of these approximations is proportional to the jump intensity. Furthermore, by exploiting a stochastic expansion for pure jump processes, higher order discrete time approximations, whose computational complexity is not dependent on the jump intensity, are proposed. The strong order of convergence of the resulting schemes is analyzed.
|Date of creation:||01 Jul 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PO Box 123, Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia|
Phone: +61 2 9514 7777
Fax: +61 2 9514 7711
Web page: http://www.qfrc.uts.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kubilius Kestutis & Platen Eckhard, 2002.
"Rate of Weak Convergence of the Euler Approximation for Diffusion Processes with Jumps,"
Monte Carlo Methods and Applications,
De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 83-96, December.
- Kestutis Kubilius & Eckhard Platen, 2001. "Rate of Weak Convergence of the Euler Approximation for Diffusion Processes with Jumps," Research Paper Series 54, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Robert A. Jarrow & David Lando & Stuart M. Turnbull, 2008.
"A Markov Model for the Term Structure of Credit Risk Spreads,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,
in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 18, pages 411-453
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Jarrow, Robert A & Lando, David & Turnbull, Stuart M, 1997. "A Markov Model for the Term Structure of Credit Risk Spreads," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 481-523.
- Nicolas Merener & Paul Glasserman, 2003. "Numerical solution of jump-diffusion LIBOR market models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 1-27.
- Nicola Bruti-Liberati & Eckhard Platen, 2005. "On the Strong Approximation of Jump-Diffusion Processes," Research Paper Series 157, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:rpaper:164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.