Non-traded Factor Appreciation in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kam Wing Chan, 2010. "The Household Registration System and Migrant Labor in China: Notes on a Debate," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 36(2), pages 357-364, June.
- Bela Balassa, 1964. "The Purchasing-Power Parity Doctrine: A Reappraisal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 584-584.
- Bagnai, Alberto, 2009. "The role of China in global external imbalances: Some further evidence," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 508-526, September.
- Fang Cai & Meiyan Wang, 2008. "A Counterfactual Analysis on Unlimited Surplus Labor in Rural China," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 16(1), pages 51-65, January.
- CAI, Fang & DU, Yang, 2011. "Wage increases, wage convergence, and the Lewis turning point in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 601-610.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Zhuan Xie & Xiaobo Zhang, 2017.
"From "Made in China" to "Innovated in China": Necessity, Prospect, and Challenges,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 31(1), pages 49-70, Winter.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Zhuan Xie & Xiaobo Zhang, 2016. "From “Made in China” to “Innovated in China”: Necessity, Prospect, and Challenges," NBER Working Papers 22854, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Menzies, Gordon & Xiao, Sylvia Xiaolin & Dixon, Peter & Peng, Xiujian & Rimmer, Maureen, 2016. "Rural-led exchange rate appreciation in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 15-30.
- Chen, Qin & Song, Zheng, 2014. "Accounting for China's urbanization," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 485-494.
- Imai, Hiroyuki, 2018. "China’s rapid growth and real exchange rate appreciation: Measuring the Balassa-Samuelson effect," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 39-52.
- Xiaobing Wang & Nick Weaver, 2013. "Surplus labour and Lewis turning points in China," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Takatoshi Ito & Peter Isard & Steven Symansky, 1999.
"Economic Growth and Real Exchange Rate: An Overview of the Balassa-Samuelson Hypothesis in Asia,"
NBER Chapters, in: Changes in Exchange Rates in Rapidly Developing Countries: Theory, Practice, and Policy Issues, pages 109-132,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takatoshi Ito & Peter Isard & Steven Symansky, 1997. "Economic Growth and Real Exchange Rate: An Overview of the Balassa-Samuelson Hypothesis in Asia," NBER Working Papers 5979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Couharde, Cécile & Delatte, Anne-Laure & Grekou, Carl & Mignon, Valérie & Morvillier, Florian, 2020.
"Measuring the Balassa-Samuelson effect: A guidance note on the RPROD database,"
International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 237-247.
- Cécile Couharde & Anne-Laure Delatte & Carl Grekou & Valérie Mignon & Florian Morvillier, 2019. "Measuring the Balassa-Samuelson Effect: A guidance Note on the RPROD Database," Working Papers 2019-11, CEPII research center.
- Valerie Mignon & Cécile Couharde & Carl Grekou & Florian Morvillier, 2020. "Measuring the Balassa-Samuelson effect: A guidance note on the RPROD database," Post-Print hal-03101442, HAL.
- Scott Rozelle & Yiran Xia & Dimitris Friesen & Bronson Vanderjack & Nourya Cohen, 2020. "Moving Beyond Lewis: Employment and Wage Trends in China’s High- and Low-Skilled Industries and the Emergence of an Era of Polarization," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 62(4), pages 555-589, December.
- Vlatka Bilas & Mile Bosnjak, 2015. "Revealed Comparative Advantage And Merchandise Exports: The Case Of Merchandise Trade Between Croatia And The Rest Of The European Union Member Countries," Economic Thought and Practice, Department of Economics and Business, University of Dubrovnik, vol. 24(1), pages 29-47, june.
- Ken Miyajima, 2013. "Foreign exchange intervention and expectation in emerging economies," BIS Working Papers 414, Bank for International Settlements.
- Heng, Dyna, 2011. "Capital flows and real exchange rate: does financial development matter?," MPRA Paper 48553, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2012.
- Yinhua Mai & Xiujian Peng & Peter Dixon & Maureen Rimmer, 2014. "The economic effects of facilitating the flow of rural workers to urban employment in China," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(3), pages 619-642, August.
- Sergio Da Silva & Guilherme Moura & Sidney Caetano, 2004. "Big Mac parity, income, and trade," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(12), pages 1-8.
- Erdem Basci & Özgür Özel & Cagri Sarikaya, 2008.
"The monetary transmission mechanism in Turkey: new developments,"
BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Transmission mechanisms for monetary policy in emerging market economies, volume 35, pages 475-499,
Bank for International Settlements.
- Erdem Basci & Ozgur Ozel & Cagri Sarikaya, 2007. "The monetary transmission mechanism in Turkey : New developments," Working Papers 0704, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Sun, Nan & Yang, Fan, 2021. "Impacts of internal migration experience on health among middle-aged and older adults—Evidence from China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 284(C).
- Bofinger, Peter & Wollmershauser, Timo, 2001.
"Is there a third way to EMU for the EU accession countries?,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 253-274, September.
- Bofinger, Peter & Wollmershäuser, Timo, 2001. "Is there a third way to EMU for the EU accession countries?," Munich Reprints in Economics 20209, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Efraim Sadka & Assaf Razin, 1996.
"Fiscal Balance During Inflation, Disinflation, and Immigration: Policy Lessons,"
IMF Working Papers
1996/033, International Monetary Fund.
- Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim, 1996. "Fiscal balance during inflation, disinflation, and inmigration: policy lessons," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 34296, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Muntasir Murshed & Seemran Rashid, 2020.
"An Empirical Investigation of Real Exchange Rate Responses to Foreign Currency Inflows: Revisiting the Dutch Disease Phenomenon in South Asia,"
The Economics and Finance Letters, Conscientia Beam, vol. 7(1), pages 23-46.
- Murshed, Muntasir & Rashid, Seemran, 2020. "An Empirical Investigation of Real Exchange Rate Responses to Foreign Currency Inflows: Revisiting the Dutch Disease phenomenon in South Asia," MPRA Paper 98756, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barbara Rossi, 2013.
"Exchange Rate Predictability,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1063-1119, December.
- Barbara Rossi, 2013. "Exchange Rate Predictability," Working Papers 690, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Barbara Rossi, 2013. "Exchange rate predictability," Economics Working Papers 1369, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Rossi, Barbara, 2013. "Exchange Rate Predictability," CEPR Discussion Papers 9575, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pau Rabanal, 2009.
"Inflation Differentials between Spain and the EMU: A DSGE Perspective,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(6), pages 1141-1166, September.
- Pau Rabanal, 2009. "Inflation Differentials between Spain and the EMU: A DSGE Perspective," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(6), pages 1141-1166, September.
More about this item
KeywordsNon-traded factor appreciation; Lewis Dual-economy; China;
All these keywords.
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-IUE-2013-04-13 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2013-04-13 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
- NEP-TRA-2013-04-13 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:ecowps:2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/edutsau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Duncan Ford (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/edutsau.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.