A choice function is (weakly) width-maximizing if there exists a dissimilarity- i.e. an irreflexive symmetric binary relation- on the underlying object set such that the choice sets are (include, respectively) dissimilarity chains of locally maximum size. Width-maximizing and weakly width-maximizing choice functions on an arbitrary domain are characterized relying on the newly introduced notion of a revealed dissimilarity relation.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Piazza S.Francesco,7 - 53100 Siena|
Web page: http://www.deps.unisi.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Federico Echenique, 2004.
"Counting Combinatorial Choice Rules,"
Game Theory and Information
- Marcello Basili & Stefano Vannucci, 2007. "Diversity as Width," Department of Economics University of Siena 500, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Bossert, Walter & Suzumura, Kotaro, 2009.
"Consistency, Choice and Rationality,"
PIE/CIS Discussion Paper
428, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Klaus Nehring & Clemens Puppe, 2002.
"A Theory of Diversity,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(3), pages 1155-1198, May.
- Nick Baigent & Wulf Gaertner, 1996.
"Never choose the uniquely largest A Characterization,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 8(2), pages 239-249.
- Baigent, Nick & Gaertner, Wulf, 1996. "Never Choose the Uniquely Largest: A Characterization," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 8(2), pages 239-249, August.
- Sen, Amartya, 1993. "Internal Consistency of Choice," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 495-521, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usi:wpaper:629. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fabrizio Becatti)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.