A choice function is (weakly) width-maximizing if there exists a dissimilarity- i.e. an irreflexive symmetric binary relation- on the underlying object set such that the choice sets are (include, respectively) dissimilarity chains of locally maximum size. Width-maximizing and weakly width-maximizing choice functions on an arbitrary domain are characterized relying on the newly introduced notion of a revealed dissimilarity relation.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Piazza S.Francesco,7 - 53100 Siena|
Web page: http://www.deps.unisi.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Echenique, Federico, 2007.
"Counting combinatorial choice rules,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 231-245, February.
- Echenique, Federico, 2004. "Counting Combinatoral Choice Rules," Working Papers 1199, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Federico Echenique, 2004. "Counting Combinatorial Choice Rules," Game Theory and Information 0404004, EconWPA.
- Klaus Nehring & Clemens Puppe, 2002. "A Theory of Diversity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(3), pages 1155-1198, May.
- Nehring,K. und C.Puppe, 1999. "A Theory of Diversity," Discussion Paper Serie A 605, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Baigent, Nick & Gaertner, Wulf, 1996. "Never Choose the Uniquely Largest: A Characterization," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 8(2), pages 239-249, August.
- Nick Baigent & Wulf Gaertner, 1996. "Never choose the uniquely largest A Characterization," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 8(2), pages 239-249.
- Marcello Basili & Stefano Vannucci, 2013. "Diversity as width," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 40(3), pages 913-936, March.
- Marcello Basili & Stefano Vannucci, 2007. "Diversity as Width," Department of Economics University of Siena 500, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Bossert, Walter & Suzumura, Kotaro, 2010. "Consistency, Choice, and Rationality," Economics Books, Harvard University Press, number 9780674052994, September.
- Bossert, Walter & Suzumura, Kotaro, 2009. "Consistency, Choice and Rationality," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 428, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Sen, Amartya, 1993. "Internal Consistency of Choice," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 495-521, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usi:wpaper:629. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fabrizio Becatti)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.