A choice function is (weakly) width-maximizing if there exists a dissimilarity- i.e. an irreflexive symmetric binary relation- on the underlying object set such that the choice sets are (include, respectively) dissimilarity chains of locally maximum size. Width-maximizing and weakly width-maximizing choice functions on an arbitrary domain are characterized relying on the newly introduced notion of a revealed dissimilarity relation.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Piazza S.Francesco,7 - 53100 Siena|
Web page: http://www.deps.unisi.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nehring,K. und C.Puppe, 1999.
"A Theory of Diversity,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
605, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Baigent, Nick & Gaertner, Wulf, 1996.
"Never Choose the Uniquely Largest: A Characterization,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 8(2), pages 239-49, August.
- Nick Baigent & Wulf Gaertner, 1996. "Never choose the uniquely largest A Characterization," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 8(2), pages 239-249.
- Sen, Amartya, 1993. "Internal Consistency of Choice," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 495-521, May.
- Bossert, Walter & Suzumura, Kotaro, 2010.
"Consistency, Choice, and Rationality,"
Harvard University Press, number 9780674052994.
- Echenique, Federico, 2007.
"Counting combinatorial choice rules,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 231-245, February.
- Marcello Basili & Stefano Vannucci, 2013.
"Diversity as width,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 40(3), pages 913-936, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usi:wpaper:629. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fabrizio Becatti)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.