The global strategy to cope with H5N1: the property rights caveat
Shortage of stockpiled antiviral drugs and insufficient production capacity of vaccines make the possible avian flu pandemic a global disaster. Catastrophic consequences in social and economic losses loom over the near future of humans but they derive from a wrong business model based on private production granted by patent rights and price discrimination. In this paper a new sustainable economic model for vaccines and antiviral drugs production based on liability rule and trust fund is advanced.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.depfid.unisi.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Antoine Billot & Alain Chateauneuf & Itzhak Gilboa & Jean-Marc Tallon, 2000.
"Sharing beliefs: between agreeing and disagreeing,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Tversky, Amos & Wakker, Peter, 1995. "Risk Attitudes and Decision Weights," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(6), pages 1255-80, November.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela & Heal, Geoffrey, 1998. "Managing unknown risks: the future of global reinsurance," MPRA Paper 8820, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thibault Gajdos & Jean-Marc Tallon & Jean-Christophe Vergnaud, 2005.
"On the impossibility of preference aggregation under uncertainty,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
v05012, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Thibault Gajdos & Jean-Marc Tallon & Jean-Christophe Vergnaud, 2005. "On the impossibility of preference aggregation under uncertainty," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00193578, HAL.
- Basili, Marcello & Chateauneuf, Alain & Fontini, Fulvio, 2008. "Precautionary principle as a rule of choice with optimism on windfall gains and pessimism on catastrophic losses," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 485-491, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usi:depfid:0908. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo Zappia)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.