Honey, I shrunk the sample covariance matrix
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Connor, Gregory & Korajczyk, Robert A, 1993. " A Test for the Number of Factors in an Approximate Factor Model," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1263-1291, September.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Tongshu Ma, 2003.
"Risk Reduction in Large Portfolios: Why Imposing the Wrong Constraints Helps,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 58(4), pages 1651-1684, August.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Tongshu Ma, 2002. "Risk Reduction in Large Portfolios: Why Imposing the Wrong Constraints Helps," NBER Working Papers 8922, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caicedo-Llano, Juliana & Dionysopoulos, Thomas, 2008. "Market integration: A risk-budgeting guide for pure alpha investors," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 313-327, October.
- Daniel Espinoza & Eduardo Moreno, 2014. "A primal-dual aggregation algorithm for minimizing conditional value-at-risk in linear programs," Computational Optimization and Applications, Springer, vol. 59(3), pages 617-638, December.
- Loriana Pelizzon & Massimiliano Caporin, 2012. "Market volatility, optimal portfolios and naive asset allocations," Working Papers 2012_08, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Gopal K. Basak & Ravi Jagannathan & Tongshu Ma, 2004. "A Jackknife Estimator for Tracking Error Variance of Optimal Portfolios Constructed Using Estimated Inputs1," NBER Working Papers 10447, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bessler, Wolfgang & Leonhardt, Alexander & Wolff, Dominik, 2016. "Analyzing hedging strategies for fixed income portfolios: A Bayesian approach for model selection," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 239-256.
- Michael W. Brandt & Pedro Santa-Clara & Rossen Valkanov, 2009.
"Parametric Portfolio Policies: Exploiting Characteristics in the Cross-Section of Equity Returns,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(9), pages 3411-3447, September.
- Michael W. Brandt & Pedro Santa-Clara & Rossen Valkanov, 2004. "Parametric Portfolio Policies: Exploiting Characteristics in the Cross Section of Equity Returns," NBER Working Papers 10996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brandt, Michael W & Santa-Clara, Pedro & Valkanov, Rossen, 2005. "Parametric Portfolio Policies: Exploiting Characteristics in the Cross Section of Equity Returns," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt4ft420b6, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Michael Wolf, 2006. "Resampling vs. Shrinkage for Benchmarked Managers," IEW - Working Papers 263, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Soufiane Hayou, 2017. "On the overestimation of the largest eigenvalue of a covariance matrix," Papers 1708.03551, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsCovariance matrix; Markovitz optimization; shrinkage; tracking error;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:691. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .