Resampling vs. Shrinkage for Benchmarked Managers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Olivier Ledoit & Michael Wolf, 2003. "Honey, I shrunk the sample covariance matrix," Economics Working Papers 691, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andras Niedermayer & Daniel Niedermayer, 2006. "Applying Markowitz's Critical Line Algorithm," Diskussionsschriften dp0602, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Barros Fernandes, José Luiz & Haas Ornelas, José Renato & Martínez Cusicanqui, Oscar Augusto, 2012.
"Combining equilibrium, resampling, and analyst’s views in portfolio optimization,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1354-1361.
- José Luis Barros Fernandes & José Renato Haas Ornelas & Oscar Augusto Martínez Cusicanqui, 2011. "Combining equilibrium, resampling, and analysts' views in portfolio optimization," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Portfolio and risk management for central banks and sovereign wealth funds, volume 58, pages 75-84 Bank for International Settlements.
More about this item
KeywordsCovariance matrix; Markowitz optimization; Resampling; Shrinkage; Tracking error;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zur:iewwpx:263. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seizhch.html .