Income Disparities and Trends in Manufactured Exports Across the States and Territories of Australia: 1989/90 - 2000/01
This paper documents differences in the levels and growth rates of manufactured exports across the Australian states and territories over the period 1989/90 - 2000/01 and then re-interprets these differences using shift-share analysis. Our results suggest that the relative changes in state exports of manufactured goods have been substantial and seem in large part due to state specific characteristics that impact on state competitiveness.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: School of Economics, University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue, Wollongong NSW 2522 Australia|
Phone: +612 4221-3659
Fax: +612 4221-3725
Web page: http://business.uow.edu.au/econ/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- L Alan Winters, 2004. "Trade Liberalisation and Economic Performance: An Overview," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(493), pages 4-21, 02.
- Paul Cashin & Loris Strappazzon, 1998.
"Disparities in Australian Regional Incomes: Are They Widening or Narrowing?,"
Australian Economic Review,
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 31(1), pages 3-26.
- Cashin, P & Strappazzon, L, 1997. "Disparities In Australian Regional Incomes : Are They Widening or Narrowing?," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 562, The University of Melbourne.
- A. H. Harris & G. A. Wood & T. Armstrong, 1993. "The Role of Government Assistance in Structural Change in Manufacturing: Australian Evidence," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 26(3), pages 45-55.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Patricia S. Pollard, 2001. "Comparing manufacturing export growth across states: what accounts for the differences?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 25-40. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uow:depec1:wp04-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Siminski)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.