Measuring Vulnerability and Poverty: Estimates for Rural India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hanan G. Jacoby & Emmanuel Skoufias, 1997. "Risk, Financial Markets, and Human Capital in a Developing Country," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(3), pages 311-335.
- Hoddinott, John & Quisumbing, Agnes, 2003. "Methods for microeconometric risk and vulnerability assessments," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 29138, The World Bank.
- Bob Baulch & John Hoddinott, 2000. "Economic mobility and poverty dynamics in developing countries," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 1-24.
- Townsend, Robert M, 1994.
"Risk and Insurance in Village India,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 539-591, May.
- Robert M. Townsend, "undated". "Risk and Insurance in Village India," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 91-3a, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Townsend, R.M., 1991. "Risk and Insurance in Village India," University of Chicago - Economics Research Center 91-3, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- Ligon, Ethan, 2002.
"Targeting and Informal Insurance,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
008, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ligon, Ethan, 2004. "Targeting and Â Informal Insurance," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt4km8q3gv, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Raghav Gaiha & Katsushi Imai, 2004.
"Vulnerability, shocks and persistence of poverty: estimates for semi-arid rural South India,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(2), pages 261-281.
- Katsushi Imai & Raghav Gaiha, 2002. "Vulnerability, Shocks and Persistence of Poverty - Estimates for Semi-Arid Rural South India," Economics Series Working Papers 128, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Imai, Katsushi & Raghav Gaiha, 2003. "Vulnerability, Shocks and Persistence of Poverty - Estimates for Semi-Arid Rural South India," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 111, Royal Economic Society.
- Gamanou, Gisele & Morduch, Jonathan, 2002. "Measuring Vulnerability to Poverty," WIDER Working Paper Series 058, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ethan Ligon & Laura Schechter, 2003.
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(486), pages 95-102, March.
- Ligon, Ethan & Schechter, Laura, 2002. "Measuring Vulnerability," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19899, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ligon, Ethan & Laura Schechter, 2002. "Measuring Vulnerability," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 128, Royal Economic Society.
- Pritchett, Lant & Suryahadi, Asep & Sumarto, Sudarno, 2000. "Quantifying vulnerability to poverty - a proposed measure, applied to Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2437, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:134:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1419-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Don J. Webber & Stephanié Rossouw, 2010. "Sub-national vulnerability measures:A spatial perspective," Working Papers 1004, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Edmund Amann & David Lawson, 2013. "International Crises And Developing Economies: Linkages And Recent Experiences," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(8), pages 1035-1049, November.
- Andrews, Colin & Flores, Margarita, 2008. "Vulnerability to Hunger: Improving Food Crisis Responses in Fragile States," WIDER Working Paper Series 042, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Luis López-Calva & Eduardo Ortiz-Juarez, 2014.
"A vulnerability approach to the definition of the middle class,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(1), pages 23-47, March.
- Lopez-Calva, Luis F. & Ortiz-Juarez, Eduardo, 2011. "A vulnerability approach to the definition of the middle class," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5902, The World Bank.
- Celidoni, Martina, 2011. "Vulnerability to poverty: An empirical comparison of alternative measures," MPRA Paper 33002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Markus Jäntti & Ravi Kanbur & Milla Nyyssölä & Jukka Pirttilä, 2014.
"Poverty and Welfare Measurement on the Basis of Prospect Theory,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(1), pages 182-205, March.
- Jäntti, Markus & Kanbur, Ravi & Nyyssölä, Milla & Pirttilä, Jukka, 2012. "Poverty and Welfare Measurement on the Basis of Prospect Theory," WIDER Working Paper Series 109, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Markus Jäntti & Ravi Kanbur & Milla Nyyssölä & Jukka Pirttilä, 2013. "Poverty and Welfare Measurement on the Basis of Prospect Theory," CESifo Working Paper Series 4095, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jantti, Markus & Kanbur, Ravi & Nyyssola, Milla & Pirttila, Jukka, 2013. "Poverty and Welfare Measurement on the Basis of Prospect Theory," Working Papers 180093, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Md. Shafiul Azam & Katsushi S. Imai, 2012. "Measuring Households' Vulnerability to Idiosyncratic and Covariate Shocks – the case of Bangladesh," Discussion Paper Series DP2012-02, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Zhang Huafeng, 2016. "Household vulnerability and economic status during disaster recovery and its determinants: a case study after the Wenchuan earthquake," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 83(3), pages 1505-1526, September.
- Chameni Nembua, Célestin & Miamo Wendji, Clovis, 2010.
"Les déterminants du niveau et de l’inégalité de la pauvreté au Cameroun : Une analyse de décomposition multidimensionnelle
[Determinants of the level of inequality and poverty in Cameroon: A multid," MPRA Paper 25215, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohiburrahman Iqbal, 2013. "Vulnerability to expected poverty in Afghanistan," ASARC Working Papers 2013-14, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Satya R. Chakravarty & Nachiketa Chattopadhyay & Jacques Silber & Guanghua Wan, 2016.
"Measuring the impact of vulnerability on the number of poor: a new methodology with empirical illustrations,"
Chapters,in: The Asian ‘Poverty Miracle’, chapter 4, pages 84-117
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Chakravarty, Satya R. & Chattopadhyay, Nachiketa & Silber, Jacques & Wan, Guanghua, 2016. "Measuring the Impact of Vulnerability on the Number of Poor: A New Methodology with Empirical Illustrations," ADBI Working Papers 612, Asian Development Bank Institute.
More about this item
Keywordsaggregate risks; idiosyncratic risks; poverty; vulnerability; semi-arid conditions;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-09-29 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2008-09-29 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:rp2008-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.