Widening Gap of Educational Opportunity? A Longitudinal Study of Educational Inequality in China
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Katajanokanlaituri 6B, 00160 Helsinki|
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Meng, Xin & Gregory, Bob & Wang, Youjuan, 2005.
"Poverty, Inequality, and Growth in Urban China, 1986-2000,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1452, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Meng, Xin & Gregory, Robert & Wang, Youjuan, 2005. "Poverty, inequality, and growth in urban China, 1986-2000," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 710-729, December.
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Kanbur, Ravi, 2003.
"Spatial Inequality In Education And Health Care In China,"
127256, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Kanbur, Ravi, 2005. "Spatial inequality in education and health care in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 189-204.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2003. "Spatial Inequality in Education and Health Care in China," CEPR Discussion Papers 4136, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Xiaobo Zhang & Ravi Kanbur, 2004. "Spatial Inequality in Education and Health Care in China," Working Papers 159, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 1999. "Which Regional Inequality? The Evolution of Rural-Urban and Inland-Coastal Inequality in China from 1983 to 1995," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 686-701, December.
- Knight, J B & Sabot, R H, 1983. "Educational Expansion and the Kuznets Effect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 1132-36, December.
- Ram, Rati, 1990. "Educational Expansion and Schooling Inequality: International Evidence and Some Implications," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 266-74, May.
- Dennis Tao Yang, 1999. "Urban-Biased Policies and Rising Income Inequality in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 306-310, May.
- Emily Hannum, 2002. "Educational stratification by ethnicity in China: Enrollment and attainment in the early reform years," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 39(1), pages 95-117, February.
- Victor Nee & Yang Cao, 2004. "Market Transition and the Firm: Institutional Change and Income Inequality in Urban China," Management and Organization Review, International Association of Chinese Management Research, vol. 1(1), pages 23-56, June.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Cecilia Rouse, 1999. "Schooling, Intelligence, and Income in America: Cracks in the Bell Curve," NBER Working Papers 6902, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Polachek,Solomon W. & Siebert,W. Stanley, 1993. "The Economics of Earnings," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521367288, June.
- Emily Hannum & Yu Xie, 1998. "Ethnic stratification in Northwest China: Occupational differences between Han Chinese and national minorities in Xinjiang, 1982–1990," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 35(3), pages 323-333, August.
- Peter Gottschalk & Timothy M. Smeeding, 1997. "Cross-National Comparisons of Earnings and Income Inequality," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 633-687, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:rp2006-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.