Afghan unaccompanied minors in the Netherlands: Far away from home and protected?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mckelvey, Robert S. & Webb, John A., 1995. "Unaccompanied status as a risk factor in Vietnamese Amerasians," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 261-266, July.
- Bean, Tammy M. & Eurelings-Bontekoe, Elisabeth & Spinhoven, Philip, 2007. "Course and predictors of mental health of unaccompanied refugee minors in the Netherlands: One year follow-up," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(6), pages 1204-1215, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wade, Jim, 2011. "Preparation and transition planning for unaccompanied asylum-seeking and refugee young people: A review of evidence in England," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 2424-2430.
- Van Holen, Frank & Blijkers, Cindy & Trogh, Lenny & West, Delphine & Vanderfaeillie, Johan, 2020. "Unaccompanied children in Flemish family foster care. Prevalence and associated factors of placement breakdown," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 109(C).
- Rip, Jet & Zijlstra, Elianne & Post, Wendy & Kalverboer, Margrite & Knorth, Erik J., 2020. "Cultural matching factors, child factors and fostering factors associated with successful foster placement: An explorative study into the perspectives of unaccompanied refugee children, their foster c," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 118(C).
- Pastoor, Lutine de Wal, 2015. "The mediational role of schools in supporting psychosocial transitions among unaccompanied young refugees upon resettlement in Norway," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 245-254.
- Hornfeck, Fabienne & Sowade, Clara & Bovenschen, Ina, 2022. "Effects of the asylum process on the mental health of unaccompanied young refugees – A scoping review," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 137(C).
- Thommessen, S. & Laghi, F. & Cerrone, C. & Baiocco, R. & Todd, B.K., 2013. "Internalizing and externalizing symptoms among unaccompanied refugee and Italian adolescents," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 7-10.
- Van Holen, Frank & Trogh, Lenny & West, Delphine & Meys, Nina & Vanderfaeillie, Johan, 2019. "Concept mapping the needs of Flemish nonkinship foster parents who care for unaccompanied refugee minors," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 84-92.
- Manuela Stranges & François-Charles Wolff, 2019. "Does Entrance With Family Influence The Way Minors Leave A Refugee Centre?," Working Papers 201903, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Milos Maksimovic & Dusan Backovic & Jadranka Maksimovic & Radojka Kocijancic, 2011. "Socio-economic status and psychosocial functioning of internally displaced adolescents and adolescents from Belgrade," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 56(3), pages 305-310, June.
- Nicole Hynek & Arleta Franczukowska & Lydia Rössl & Günther Schreder & Anna Faustmann & Eva Krczal & Isabella Skrivanek & Isolde Sommer & Lukas Zenk, 2020. "A System Model of Post-Migration Risk Factors Affecting the Mental Health of Unaccompanied Minor Refugees in Austria—A Multi-Step Modeling Process Involving Expert Knowledge from Science and Practice," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 17(14), pages 1-17, July.
- Celikaksoy, Aycan & Wadensjö, Eskil, 2016. "Mapping Experiences and Research about Unaccompanied Refugee Minors in Sweden and Other Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 10143, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Xavier Alarcón & Magdalena Bobowik & Òscar Prieto-Flores, 2021. "Mentoring for Improving the Self-Esteem, Resilience, and Hope of Unaccompanied Migrant Youth in the Barcelona Metropolitan Area," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 18(10), pages 1-25, May.
- Montgomery, Edith, 2008. "Long-term effects of organized violence on young Middle Eastern refugees' mental health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(10), pages 1596-1603, November.
- Van Holen, Frank & Dewilde, Isabel & Trogh, Lenny & Verheyden, Camille & Vanderfaeillie, Johan, 2021. "Prevalence and associated factors of placement breakdown of unaccompanied children in Flemish family foster care. A follow-up study," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 127(C).
- Crea, Thomas M. & Lopez, Anayeli & Taylor, Theresa & Underwood, Dawnya, 2017. "Unaccompanied migrant children in the United States: Predictors of placement stability in long term foster care," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 93-99.
- Padyab, Mojgan & Eriksson, Malin & Ghazinour, Mehdi & Lundgren, Lena, 2020. "Unaccompanied minors and court mandated institutional care: A national registry-based study in Sweden," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 109(C).
- Rip, Jet & Zijlstra, Elianne & Post, Wendy & Kalverboer, Margrite & Knorth, Erik J., 2020. "‘It can never be as perfect as home’: An explorative study into the fostering experiences of unaccompanied refugee children, their foster carers and social workers," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 112(C).
- Brian Nolan, 2010. "Promoting the Well-Being of Immigrant Youth," Working Papers 201017, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
More about this item
KeywordsAfghanistan; unaccompanied minors; refugees; asylum seekers; migration;
All these keywords.
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MIG-2014-06-14 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:unumer:2014037. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Ad Notten (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.