Decentralization and mechanism design for online machine scheduling
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nisan, Noam & Ronen, Amir, 2001. "Algorithmic Mechanism Design," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 35(1-2), pages 166-196, April.
- W. L. Eastman & S. Even & I. M. Isaacs, 1964. "Bounds for the Optimal Scheduling of n Jobs on m Processors," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(2), pages 268-279, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stößer, Jochen & Neumann, Dirk & Weinhardt, Christof, 2010. "Market-based pricing in grids: On strategic manipulation and computational cost," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 203(2), pages 464-475, June.
- Heydenreich, B. & Müller, R.J. & Uetz, M.J., 2006. "Games and mechanism design in machine scheduling - an introduction," Research Memorandum 022, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Herbert Hamers & Flip Klijn & Marco Slikker, 2013. "Price of Anarchy in Sequencing Situations and the Impossibility to Coordinate," Working Papers 709, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Itai Ashlagi & Shahar Dobzinski & Ron Lavi, 2012. "Optimal Lower Bounds for Anonymous Scheduling Mechanisms," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 37(2), pages 244-258, May.
- Birgit Heydenreich & Rudolf Müller & Marc Uetz, 2010. "Mechanism Design for Decentralized Online Machine Scheduling," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 58(2), pages 445-457, April.
- Kramer, Arthur & Dell’Amico, Mauro & Iori, Manuel, 2019. "Enhanced arc-flow formulations to minimize weighted completion time on identical parallel machines," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 275(1), pages 67-79.
- Levin, Hagay & Schapira, Michael & Zohar, Aviv, 2006. "The Strategic Justification for BGP," MPRA Paper 2110, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Azizoglu, Meral & Kirca, Omer, 1999. "On the minimization of total weighted flow time with identical and uniform parallel machines," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 91-100, February.
- Shahar Dobzinski & Noam Nisan & Michael Schapira, 2005. "Truthful Randomized Mechanisms for Combinatorial Auctions," Discussion Paper Series dp408, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Nicole Megow & Marc Uetz & Tjark Vredeveld, 2006. "Models and Algorithms for Stochastic Online Scheduling," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 31(3), pages 513-525, August.
- Babaioff, Moshe & Nisan, Noam & Pavlov, Elan, 2009. "Mechanisms for a spatially distributed market," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 660-684, July.
- Aziz, Haris & Chan, Hau & Lee, Barton E. & Parkes, David C., 2020. "The capacity constrained facility location problem," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 478-490.
- Rabia Nessah & Chengbin Chu, 2010.
"Infinite split scheduling: a new lower bound of total weighted completion time on parallel machines with job release dates and unavailability periods,"
Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 181(1), pages 359-375, December.
- R. Nessah & C. Chu, 2010. "Infinite split scheduling : a new lower bound of total weighted completion time on parallel machines with job release dates and unavailability periods," Post-Print hal-00572976, HAL.
- Zhiling Guo & Gary J. Koehler & Andrew B. Whinston, 2012. "A Computational Analysis of Bundle Trading Markets Design for Distributed Resource Allocation," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 23(3-part-1), pages 823-843, September.
- Mehdi Rajabi Asadabadi, 2017. "A developed slope order index (SOI) for bottlenecks in projects and production lines," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 281-291, April.
- Yuval Emek & Michal Feldman, 2007. "Computing an Optimal Contract in Simple Technologies," Discussion Paper Series dp452, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Parikshit De & Manipushpak Mitra, 2017. "Incentives and justice for sequencing problems," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 64(2), pages 239-264, August.
- José R. Correa & Andreas S. Schulz, 2005. "Single-Machine Scheduling with Precedence Constraints," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 30(4), pages 1005-1021, November.
- Benjamin Blau & Clemens Dinther & Tobias Conte & Yongchun Xu & Christof Weinhardt, 2009. "How to Coordinate Value Generation in Service Networks," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 1(5), pages 343-356, October.
- Mu'alem, Ahuva, 2014. "Fair by design: Multidimensional envy-free mechanisms," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 29-46.
- Wada, Kentaro & Akamatsu, Takashi, 2013. "A hybrid implementation mechanism of tradable network permits system which obviates path enumeration: An auction mechanism with day-to-day capacity control," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 94-112.
- Babaioff, Moshe & Blumrosen, Liad, 2008. "Computationally-feasible truthful auctions for convex bundles," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 588-620, July.
- Laor Boongasame & Farhad Daneshgar, 2016. "An awareness-based meta-mechanism for e-commerce buyer coalitions," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 529-540, June.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:umamet:2006007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/meteonl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Leonne Portz (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/meteonl.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.