Location and agglomeration of FDI in The Netherlands: implications for policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bartik, Timothy J, 1985. "Business Location Decisions in the United States: Estimates of the Effects of Unionization, Taxes, and Other Characteristics of States," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(1), pages 14-22, January.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John & Swenson, Deborah, 1995.
"Agglomeration benefits and location choice: Evidence from Japanese manufacturing investments in the United States,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 223-247, May.
- Keith Head & John Ries & Deborah Swenson, 1994. "Agglomeration Benefits and Location Choice: Evidence from Japanese Manufacturing Investment in the United States," NBER Working Papers 4767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ulf Holm & Anders Malmberg & Orjan S–lvell, 2003. "Subsidiary impact on host-country economies--the case of foreign-owned subsidiaries attracting investment into sweden," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(4), pages 389-408, October.
- Sauwalak Kittiprapas & PHILIP McCANN, 1999. "Industrial location behaviour and regional restructuring within the Fifth 'Tiger' Economy: evidence from the Thai electronics industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 37-51.
- Joel Deichmann & Socrates Karidis & Selin Sayek, 2003. "Foreign direct investment in Turkey: regional determinants," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(16), pages 1767-1778.
- Cheng, Leonard K. & Kwan, Yum K., 2000. "What are the determinants of the location of foreign direct investment? The Chinese experience," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 379-400, August.
- Carlton, Dennis W, 1983. "The Location and Employment Choices of New Firms: An Econometric Model with Discrete and Continuous Endogenous Variables," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(3), pages 440-449, August.
- Wu, Xiaohong & Strange, Roger, 2000. "The location of foreign insurance companies in China," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 383-398, June.
- Martin, Stephen, 1991. "Direct foreign investment in the United States," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 283-293, December.
- Schneider, Friedrich & Frey, Bruno S., 1985. "Economic and political determinants of foreign direct investment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 161-175, February.
- Jamuna Agarwal, 1980. "Determinants of foreign direct investment: A survey," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 116(4), pages 739-773, December.
- Rajneesh Narula & John Dunning, 2000. "Industrial Development, Globalization and Multinational Enterprises: New Realities for Developing Countries," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 141-167.
- G R G Benito & B Grøgaard & R Narula, 2003. "Environmental influences on MNE subsidiary roles: economic integration and the Nordic countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 34(5), pages 443-456, September.
- Barrell, Ray & Pain, Nigel, 1999. "Domestic institutions, agglomerations and foreign direct investment in Europe," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 925-934, April.
- Marjolein Caniëls & Henny Romijn, 2003. "Agglomeration Advantages and Capability Building in Industrial Clusters: The Missing Link," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 129-154.
- Yang, Jeannie Yih Yun & Groenewold, Nicolaas & Tcha, Moonjoong, 2000. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in Australia," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 76(232), pages 45-54, March.
- Steven Pinch & Nick Henry & Mark Jenkins & Stephen Tallman, 2003. "From 'industrial districts' to 'knowledge clusters': a model of knowledge dissemination and competitive advantage in industrial agglomerations," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(4), pages 373-388, October.
- Wheeler, David & Mody, Ashoka, 1992. "International investment location decisions : The case of U.S. firms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 57-76, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frances Ruane & Xiaoheng Zhang, 2007. "Where do MNEs Expand Production: Location Choices of the Pharmaceutical Industry in Europe after 1992," Papers WP211, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Siedschlag, Iulia & Zhang, Xiaoheng & Smith, Donal, 2009. "What Determines the Attractiveness of EU Regions to the Location of Multinational Firms in the ICT Sector?," Papers DYNREG45, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Thomas Halvorsen, 2012. "Size, Location and Agglomeration of Inward Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the United States," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(5), pages 669-682, June.
- Primandita Fitriandi & Makoto Kakinaka & Koji Kotani, 2014. "Foreign direct investment and infrastructure development in Indonesia: Evidence from province level data," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(1), pages 79-94, January.
- Iulia Siedschlag & Xiaoheng Zhang & Donal Smith, 2013. "What determines the location choice of multinational firms in the information and communication technologies sector?," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(6), pages 581-600, September.
- Canfei He & Junsong Wang, 2010. "Geographical agglomeration and co-agglomeration of foreign and domestic enterprises: a case study of Chinese manufacturing industries," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 323-343.
- Siedschlag, Iulia & Zhang, Xiaoheng & Smith, Donal, 2009. "What Determines the Location Choice of Multinational Firms in the ICT Sector?," Papers WP336, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Lisa De Propris & Nigel Driffield & Stefano Menghinello, 2005. "local industrial systems and the location of FDI in Italy," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 105-121.
- Laura Resmini & Laura Casi, 2013. "Spatial complexity and interactions in regions' FDI attractiveness," ERSA conference papers ersa13p1063, European Regional Science Association.
- Frances Ruane & Xiaoheng Zhang, 2007. "Location Choices of the Pharmaceutical Industry in Europe after 1992," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp220, IIIS.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:umamer:2004006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Leonne Portz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.