Certification Systems as Tools for Natural Asset Building: Potential, Experiences to Date, and Critical Challenges
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael E. Conroy, 2001. "Can Advocacy-Led Certification Systems Transform Global Corporate Practices? Evidence, and Some Theory," Working Papers wp21, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- James K. Boyce & Manuel Pastor, 2001. "Building Natural Assets: New Strategies for Poverty Reduction and Environmental Protection," Research Reports rr3, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
More about this item
Keywordscertification; social responsibility; environmental responsibility; povery reduction; natural assets; sustainable livelihoods; Forest Stewardship Council™; Fair Trade Certified™; tourism; mining; forestry; agriculture; globalization;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order and Integration
- F18 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Environment
- J80 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - General
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs; Social Entrepreneurship
- L72 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Other Nonrenewable Resources
- L73 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Forest Products
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2005-11-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2005-11-05 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uma:periwp:wp100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Judy Fogg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/permaus.html .