I consumi culturali in Italia: analisi socio economica delle tendenze di lungo periodo ed il ruolo delle â€˜crisiâ€™
The paper presents applied analyses of the long run trends for cultural consumption in Italy. The empirical analysis derives from the ISTAT sources by geographical areas and typologies of consumption some insights on the determinants of consumption in the long run. The role of economic crises is specifically investigated. Though it appears that GDP plays a significant role as driver of consumption, manly in the geographical drawing, we note for further research that key cultural consumptions seem to witness slight or no reduction over â€˜crisisâ€™ periods, mainly in the 2008-2009 turning point. The nature of positional good and the human capital formation contents could be main reasons for such evidence that are worth of various further researches.
|Date of creation:||29 Nov 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Voltapaletto, 11 - I-44121 Ferrara (Italy)|
Phone: +39 0532 455006
Fax: +39 0532 205349
Web page: http://dipem.economia.unife.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baumol, William J, 1986.
"Unnatural Value: Or Art Investment as Floating Crap Game,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 10-14, May.
- Baumol, William J., 1985. "Unnatural Value: Or Art Investment as Floating Crap Game," Working Papers 85-25, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- David Throsby, 2011. "Cultural Capital," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Cultural Economics, Second Edition, chapter 20 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- David Throsby, 1999. "Cultural Capital," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 23(1), pages 3-12, March.
- David Throsby, 2003. "Cultural capital," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Cultural Economics, chapter 19 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Throsby, David, 1994. "The Production and Consumption of the Arts: A View of Cultural Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:udf:wpaper:201119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alberto Benati)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.