Attitudes towards Intimate Partner Violence against Women in Latin America
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bucheli, Marisa & Rossi, Máximo, 2017. "Attitudes towards intimate partner violence against women in Latin America," GLO Discussion Paper Series 107, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
References listed on IDEAS
- Arusha Cooray, 2012. "Suffrage, Democracy and Gender Equality in Education," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(1), pages 21-47, June.
- Robert Jensen & Emily Oster, 2009.
"The Power of TV: Cable Television and Women's Status in India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(3), pages 1057-1094.
- Robert Jensen & Emily Oster, 2007. "The Power of TV: Cable Television and Women's Status in India," NBER Working Papers 13305, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:98:y:2004:i:01:p:191-207_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Borjas, George J. & Sueyoshi, Glenn T., 1994.
"A two-stage estimator for probit models with structural group effects,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 165-182.
- George J. Borjas & Glenn T. Sueyoshi, 1993. "A Two-Stage Estimator for Probit Models with Structural Group Effects," NBER Technical Working Papers 0146, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lewis, Jeffrey B. & Linzer, Drew A., 2005. "Estimating Regression Models in Which the Dependent Variable Is Based on Estimates," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 345-364.
- Daniel Stegmueller, 2013. "How Many Countries for Multilevel Modeling? A Comparison of Frequentist and Bayesian Approaches," American Journal of Political Science, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 57(3), pages 748-761, July.
- Pallitto, Christina C. & O'Campo, Patricia, 2005. "Community level effects of gender inequality on intimate partner violence and unintended pregnancy in Colombia: testing the feminist perspective," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(10), pages 2205-2216, May.
- Branisa, Boris & Klasen, Stephan & Ziegler, Maria, 2013. "Gender Inequality in Social Institutions and Gendered Development Outcomes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 252-268.
- Uthman, Olalekan Abdulrahman & Moradi, Tahereh & Lawoko, Stephen, 2009. "The independent contribution of individual-, neighbourhood-, and country-level socioeconomic position on attitudes towards intimate partner violence against women in sub-Saharan Africa: A multilevel m," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 1801-1809, May.
- Seguino, Stephanie, 2011. "Help or Hindrance? Religion's Impact on Gender Inequality in Attitudes and Outcomes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1308-1321, August.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Attitudes towards Intimate Partner Violence against Women in Latin America
by maximorossi in NEP-LTV blog on 2016-07-01 19:54:29
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Marisa Bucheli & Maximo Rossi, 2019. "Attitudes Toward Intimate Partner Violence Against Women in Latin America and the Caribbean," SAGE Open, , vol. 9(3), pages 21582440198, August.
- Diva Dhar & Tarun Jain & Seema Jayachandran, 2019.
"Intergenerational Transmission of Gender Attitudes: Evidence from India,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(12), pages 2572-2592, December.
- Diva Dhar & Tarun Jain & Seema Jayachandran, 2015. "Intergenerational Transmission of Gender Attitudes: Evidence from India," NBER Working Papers 21429, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Youjin Hahn & Asadul Islam & Kanti Nuzhat & Russell Smyth & Hee-Seung Yang, 2018.
"Education, Marriage, and Fertility: Long-Term Evidence from a Female Stipend Program in Bangladesh,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(2), pages 383-415.
- Youjin Hahn & Asadul Islam & Kanti Nuzhat & Russell Smyth & Hee-Seung Yang, 2015. "Education, Marriage and Fertility: Long-Term Evidence from a Female Stipend Program in Bangladesh," Monash Economics Working Papers 30-15, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Suwastika Naidu, 2016. "Does Human Development Influence Women’s Labour Force Participation Rate? Evidences from the Fiji Islands," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 127(3), pages 1067-1084, July.
- Navarro, María & D'Agostino, Antonella & Neri, Laura, 2020. "The effect of urbanization on subjective well-being: Explaining cross-regional differences," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 71(C).
- Arestoff, Florence & Djemai, Elodie, 2016.
"Women’s Empowerment Across the Life Cycle and Generations: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 70-87.
- Florence Arestoff & Elodie Djemai, 2013. "Women's empowerment across the life cycle and generations: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers DT/2013/16, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Florence Arestoff & Elodie Djemaï, 2016. "Women’s Empowerment Across the Life Cycle and Generations: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," Post-Print hal-01385796, HAL.
- Aleksey Oshchepkov & Anna Shirokanova, 2020. "Multilevel Modeling For Economists: Why, When And How," HSE Working papers WP BRP 233/EC/2020, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Echávarri, Rebeca & Husillos, Javier, 2016. "The Missing Link Between Parents’ Preferences and Daughters’ Survival: The Moderator Effect of Societal Discrimination," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 372-385.
- Das Gupta, Monica & Bongaarts, John & Cleland, John, 2011. "Population, poverty, and sustainable development : a review of the evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5719, The World Bank.
- Niklas Potrafke, 2016.
"Policies against human trafficking: the role of religion and political institutions,"
Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 353-386, November.
- Niklas Potrafke, 2013. "Policies against Human Trafficking: The Role of Religion and Political Institutions," CESifo Working Paper Series 4278, CESifo.
- Potrafke, Niklas, 2016. "Policies against human trafficking: the role of religion and political institutions," Munich Reprints in Economics 43533, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Kjetil Bjorvatn & Alexander W. Cappelen & Linda Helgesson Sekei & Erik Ø. Sørensen & Bertil Tungodden, 2020.
"Teaching Through Television: Experimental Evidence on Entrepreneurship Education in Tanzania,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 66(6), pages 2308-2325, June.
- Bjorvatn, Kjetil & Cappelen, Alexander W. & Sekei, Linda Helgesson & Sørensen, Erik Ø. & Tungodden, Bertil, 2015. "Teaching through television: Experimental evidence on entrepreneurship education in Tanzania," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 3/2015, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Lídia Farré, 2013.
"The Role of Men in the Economic and Social Development of Women: Implications for Gender Equality,"
World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 28(1), pages 22-51, February.
- Farre, Lidia, 2013. "The role of men in the economic and social development of women : implications for gender equality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6323, The World Bank.
- Fujii, Tomoki & Shonchoy, Abu S. & Xu, Sijia, 2018.
"Impact of Electrification on Children’s Nutritional Status in Rural Bangladesh,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 315-330.
- Fujii, Tomoki & Shonchoy, Abu S. & XU, Sijia, 2016. "Impact of electrification on children's nutritional status in rural Bangladesh," IDE Discussion Papers 579, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Viollaz,Mariana & Winkler,Hernan Jorge, 2020. "Does the Internet Reduce Gender Gaps? : The Case of Jordan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 9183, The World Bank.
- Sun, Ang & Zhao, Yaohui, 2016. "Divorce, abortion, and the child sex ratio: The impact of divorce reform in China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 53-69.
- Alexander Stimpfle & David Stadelmann, 2016. "Does Central Europe Import the Missing Women Phenomenon?," CREMA Working Paper Series 2016-04, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Jetter, Michael, 2017. "Terrorism and the Media: The Effect of US Television Coverage on Al-Qaeda Attacks," IZA Discussion Papers 10708, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Battiston, Pietro & Gamba, Simona, 2021.
"COVID-19: R0 is lower where outbreak is larger,"
Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 125(2), pages 141-147.
- Pietro Battiston & Simona Gamba, 2020. "COVID-19: $R_0$ is lower where outbreak is larger," Papers 2004.07827, arXiv.org.
- Pietro Battiston & Simona Gamba, 2020. "COVID-19: R0 is lower where outbreak is larger," Working Papers 438, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2020.
- Powell-Jackson, Timothy & Mazumdar, Sumit & Mills, Anne, 2015. "Financial incentives in health: New evidence from India's Janani Suraksha Yojana," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 154-169.
- Ruben Durante & Paolo Pinotti & Andrea Tesei, 2014. "No News, Big News. The political consequences of entertainment TV," Working Papers 063, "Carlo F. Dondena" Centre for Research on Social Dynamics (DONDENA), Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi.
More about this item
Keywordsintimate partner violence; attitudes; Latin America; gender roles; violence;
All these keywords.
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
- J19 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Other
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- D19 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAM-2016-05-21 (Central & South America)
- NEP-LTV-2016-05-21 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ude:wpaper:0116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/derauuy.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Andrea Doneschi or Romina Quagliotti (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/derauuy.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.