ELA, promissory notes and all that : the fiscal costs of Anglo Irish Bank
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Karl Whelan, 2012. "ELA, Promissory Notes and All That:The Fiscal Costs of Anglo Irish Bank," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 43(4), pages 653-673.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cussen, Mary & Lucey, Mick, 2011. "Treatment of Special Bank Interventions in Irish Government Statistics," Quarterly Bulletin Articles, Central Bank of Ireland, pages 78-92, October.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- The ECB and Loss-Sharing
by kwhelan in Karl Whelan on 2012-03-09 00:20:29
- The ECB and Bankia
by kwhelan in Karl Whelan on 2012-05-30 13:45:22
- Ireland Debt Negotiations: Not About Interest Rate on Promissory Note
by kwhelan in Karl Whelan on 2012-07-20 16:37:53
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Whelan, Karl, 2014.
"Ireland’s Economic Crisis: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly,"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 39(PB), pages 424-440.
- Karl Whelan, 2013. "Ireland’s economic crisis the good, the bad and the ugly," Special Conference Papers 19, Bank of Greece.
- Karl Whelan, 2013. "Ireland’s economic crisis - the good, the bad and the ugly," Working Papers 201306, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Dübel, Achim, 2013. "The capital structure of banks and practice of bank restructuring," CFS Working Paper Series 2013/04, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Jorg Bibow, 2015.
"The Euro's Savior? Assessing the ECB's Crisis Management Performance and Potential for Crisis Resolution,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_845, Levy Economics Institute.
- Jörg Bibow, 2015. "The euro's savior? Assessing the ECB's crisis management performance and potential for crisis resolution," IMK Studies 42-2015, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Hristov, Nikolay & Hülsewig, Oliver & Wollmershäuser, Timo, 2020.
"Capital flows in the euro area and TARGET2 balances,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 113(C).
- Nikolay Hristov & Oliver Hülsewig & Timo Wollmershäuser, 2018. "Capital Flows in the Euro Area and TARGET2 Balances," CESifo Working Paper Series 6877, CESifo.
- Wollmershäuser, Timo, 2018. "Capital Flows in the Euro Area and TARGET2 Balances," VfS Annual Conference 2018 (Freiburg, Breisgau): Digital Economy 181648, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Hristov, Nikolay & Hülsewig, Oliver & Wollmershäuser, Timo, 2019. "Capital flows in the euro area and TARGET2 balances," Discussion Papers 24/2019, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Jean Pisani-Ferry & André Sapir & Guntram B. Wolff, . "EU-IMF assistance to euro area countries- an early assessment," Blueprints, Bruegel, number 779, November.
- Timmer , Yannick, 2015. "TARGET2 balances and the adjustment of capital flows in the Euro area," European Economic Letters, European Economics Letters Group, vol. 4(1), pages 15-19.
- Sebastian Dellepiane & Niamh Hardiman, 2013. "The politics of fiscal effort in Spain and Ireland: Market credibility versus political legitimacy," Working Papers 201321, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Gregory Connor & Thomas Flavin & Brian O'Kelly, 2015. "Restructuring and Recovery of the Irish Financial Sector: An Economic Case History V2," Economics Department Working Paper Series n259-15.pdf, Department of Economics, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- David Greenlaw & James D. Hamilton & Peter Hooper & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2013. "Crunch Time: Fiscal Crises and the Role of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 19297, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Quill Patrick, 2015. "The statistical treatment of government interventions in the banking sector during the financial crisis," Administration, Sciendo, vol. 63(1), pages 41-70, May.
- Hickey, Rónán & Kane, Linda & Smyth, Diarmaid, 2017. "The Impact of Financial Sector Support on the Public Finances in Ireland and the EU," Economic Letters 12/EL/17, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Mary Cussen, 2015. "Deciphering Ireland’s Macroeconomic Imbalance Indicators: Statistical Considerations," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 46(2), pages 293-313.
- Mr. Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Mr. Paolo Mauro & Alexander F. Tieman & Ms. Deniz O Igan & Ms. Aleksandra Zdzienicka & Hala Moussawi, 2019. "The Long Shadow of the Global Financial Crisis: Public Interventions in the Financial Sector," IMF Working Papers 2019/164, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsBanking crises; Anglo Irish Bank; Emergency Liquidity Assistance; European Central Bank; Banks and banking--Ireland; Anglo Irish Bank Corporation; Ireland--Appropriations and expenditures; Global Financial Crisis; 2008-2009;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2012-03-14 (Banking)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucn:wpaper:201206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/educdie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Nicolas Clifton (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/educdie.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.