Advancing the Rights of Children, Women and Poor Families through Better Public Finance Policies
Social budgeting can be defined as a process by which society's goals and priorities, as well as the rights of all of the population, are better reflected in public policymaking, notably in the government budget. This paper provides a review of the background literature on social budgeting, introduces the reader to the different stages of budgeting and public finance management, and presents selected examples of social budgeting initiatives, that together form as a resource guide for undertaking social budget work.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +1 212 326 7000
Fax: +1 212 888 7454
Web page: http://www.unicef.org
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.unicef.org/publications/socialpolicy|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reinikka, Ritva & Svensson, Jakob, 2003. "Survey techniques to measure and explain corruption," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3071, The World Bank.
- Rick Stapenhurst & Riccardo Pelizzo & David M. Olson & Lisa von Trapp, 2008. "Legislative Oversight and Budgeting : A World Perspective," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6547, September.
- Hall, Peter A. & Taylor, Rosemary C. R., 1996. "Political science and the three new institutionalisms," MPIfG Discussion Paper 96/6, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Ablo, Emmanuel & Reinikka, Ritva, 1998. "Do budgets really matter? - evidence from public spending on education and health in Uganda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1926, The World Bank.
- Bingjie Hu & Ronald U. Mendoza, 2013. "Public Health Spending, Governance and Child Health Outcomes: Revisiting the Links," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 285-311, May.
- Laurent Bouton & Marjorie Gassner & Vincenzo Verardi, 2005. "The Tragedy of the Commons or the Curse of Federalism," Public Economics 0511013, EconWPA.
- Francois Bourguignon & Luiz A. Pereira da Silva, 2003. "The Impact of Economic Policies on Poverty and Income Distribution : Evaluation Techniques and Tools," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15090, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uce:wpaper:1001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Clara Osorio)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.